what to do when McAfee free 30 day subscription expires?

ctmom05

My free 30 day trail of McAfee is about to expire. I plan on installing AVG, which I had on my old computer and liked.

What's the right timing for installing the new protection? Can I do it while McAfee is still in force or should I wait?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I would remove McAfee trial then immediately download AVG..... don't know that it really matters when you do it as long as your computer is protected. McAfee will probably bug you near the end of the trial and if you get distracted and forget to do it the protection stops...... I have AVG also and have been happy with it.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I second WhyMe - I do IT stuff for a living and AVG is much better than McAfee.

If you can get your hands on an inexpensive copy of Norton that would be even better. However it's not cheap.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You can run 2 antivirus, but it will conflict your system and cause problems. I just did this exact same thing with my Mom.....exact.

I moved her to AVG and then deleted McAfee. It asked me if I had another program running -well yes, did I know it,,,,,mmmmhhhmm, it's just a built in safety to keep their product. Download AVG today and delete Mcafee. Then restart your computer.

Star*

call 911........call 911
http://free.avg.com/

It's a free antivirus that works very well. There are several others out there like AVAST and (my mind is blank) but AVG free is extremely good and does updates daily.

They used to have an annoying popup to down load every day at 8:15 precisely - but they've since fixed that.

You can purchase an enhanced version, but I've had it for nearly 8 years and never had any problems - not once.