What was I thinking??? An update and a mini vent.

everywoman

Several weeks ago I was approached about coaching jv girls basketball. I have always been athletic, grew up playing sports recreationally, but most of my real training has been in dance. :anxious: But, with the economy the way it is, they offered a decent stipend, so I said yes. And since I quit coaching the dance team 4 years ago I felt like something was missing. And so far, so good.

The girls are mostly great kids, a few difficult children, but after raising mine, they should be easy! We practice almost every afternoon with the varsity. The two varsity coaches are both 20 something males, and they do all the teaching of skills, plays, etc. My job is to sit on the bench during games and look like I know what I'm doing. :surprise: The boy's coach offered to sit with me the first few games until I'm comfortable because I helped him learn a computer grading program earlier this year and he feels he "owes" me!

But, God am I tired. :faint: At 46, needing knee replacement, it's not easy running up and down the court after 14, 15, and 16 year olds---LOL. Add a weak bladder on top of that and well....you get the picture.

AND next week I'm keeping JJ (my 2 year old grandson) for the entire week so that PCson and daughter in law can take a break before the new baby comes early next summer. I've hired a nanny for the days, so I can work, but with difficult child and pcdaughter home, all the bedrooms are taken, so I've got to figure out where I can put a bed for him, get a bed in the house, and get him a "place" set up.

PCdaughter hasn't been a lot of help around the house, not much you can do when you travel by crutches and can't put any weight on your foot. difficult child is working fairly regularly (two part time jobs) and he'll do what I ask to help out, but I really don't even have time to ask. And husband, well, I'm worried about him because he is awfully grump lately. And goes to sleep every night before 8!!!! And I've told him to go to the dr., but he won't take the time! He'd rather whine and complain! UGH!!!:whiteflag:

Okay, enough of that---just a short update and explanation of why my posts and responses have been infrequent and may be for a while.:tongue:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Wow-coaching basketball-I'm impressed! Now you just need to find some time to rest (and get husband to see the dr)!

Andy

Congratulations on the coaching job.

Do you have a day off the day after your grandson leaves? I think you are going to need to sleep atleast 1/2 a day after JJ goes home.

I hope husband will listen to you soon and see a dr. soon.

lovemysons

Can't imagine why you're tired, LOL.

Hope you have a ton of fun with your grandson next week...I got to see mine yesterday and let me tell ya, it does a grandma's heart good!

I know what you mean about husband's that won't see a Dr when they need to...Mine has gone nearly 2 years with a hernia issue and is just now getting to the point of seeing a Dr...that is after 2 missed apptmts. at VA already...maybe he'll keep the next one.

I can Certainly understand why your posts and responses could be infrequent for awhile...You've got ALOT goin on.
Hope you'll take "refresher" breaks when you can get em!

hugs and love,
Tammy

Star*

call 911........call 911
(Star reaches over to EW and grabs her chin like the Grinch does to the dog in the Grinch that stole Christmas) and says

"MOST people, work one 8 hour job and then go home, fix a bite to eat, relax, read a book, take a walk, work out, shower and go to bed. But YOU (EW) work the equivillant of one 8 hour job and 2 part time jobs, and a full house, and YOU WONDER WHY YOU ARE TIRED?"

PHULEASE........:surprise:;):tongue:

I'm tired just reading your post and then YOU go and become a basketball coach on TOP of it ALL? (rolls eyes, shakes head, wanders aimlessly flailing my arms and talking to myself because you dont' listen..lol)

KTMom91

I'm impressed! Where do you find all that energy? Basketball...there is no way I could do that, not in a million years. Now, if someone needs a reading coach, I'm up for that!