What's the best thing to say

klmno

when you need to call into work and say you won't be in today? They have been very understanding about difficult child issues- court, medication appts, etc, and I've been working by the hour instead of salary so there's no guilt here about that and no deadline this week to meet. difficult child is at school but I am so behind on errands and getting some things done- phone calls to get therapist info/appointment., attny for next week's hearing, some things around the house, that I wouldn't be able to get office work done if I went.

What should I call in and say?

:dont_know:

Fran

Former desparate mom
I'm probably not the right one to respond. The rule with our family is calling off is not permitted unless they are hallucinating with fever or throwing up on the floor. They made a commitment to go to work and the employer made a commitment to pay them.

On the other hand they have been understanding and they might not feel put out if you called off for a personal day.

klmno

Thanks, Fran! I called and told them the truth- I can't deal with lying to them- just wasn't sure how to word it. It would have been a worse day, I think, to go in and spend half the day on the phone with personal business and the other half not being able to concentrate. My job doesn't hold up anyone else's work (thank God) unless there is a deadline, which isn't the case this week.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Frans house and our house have the same rule - You may call in dead.

You did the right thing klmno!!