who writes letters the old fashioned way??

peg2

Hi,
It's time for another mindless post. Does anyone write letters, I mean using pen and paper? Just want to see if I am the only one, although I only write my sister in law and a good friend.
Peg

Estherfromjerusalem

Yes, I do. I work for an old lady as her private secretary, three times a week in her home. She hasn't got a computer -- she hasn't even got a typewriter!!! Everything is done by hand. And she loves writing (dictating) letters. She gets quite a lot of replies, although my e-mail address at home is also used for her. I also sometimes write real letters. People love receiving them. Yes, letters, with envelopes and stamps. I still have good handwriting, which of course helps. Anyone else?

Love, Esther

Wiped Out

Staff member
Hardly ever. I call people, use face book, and sometimes send cards to keep in touch with people. :)

donna723

Until recently I hadn't written a real letter in years. Even before I got a computer at home and could email, I would occasionally write letters to one cousin on my computer, print them out, and mail them to her. For a very long time now we have all communicated by email or Facebook. Soooo much easier and I can keep up with so many people that I never would have written letters to before. I do still send Christmas cards and the occasional sympathy card.

But then I found one cousin on Ancestry.com, one I haven't seen since I was a kid. Her dad and my mom were cousins and he's 86 now, the only one left from that whole generation. He still works every day, still sharp as ever, but he will have nothing to do with computers or emails - he writes letters! And now, every few months, I get the nicest letters from him, and copies of lots of old family photos and documents. And I have actually sat down with a pen and paper and written him back! And it was ... nice!

peg2

yes, Donna, it is nice, isn't it? You can't get documents, pictures, etc. via e-mail and you can read letters over and over. It is much more personal and always fun to get something in the mail besides junk and bills. Glad you are enjoying it so much.

DammitJanet

I dont write much anymore. My handwriting has really gone downhill since my meningitis so its much harder to do. Even before that though I really didnt write all that much. The only letters I can remember sending in the last decade or so is when Jamie was in the Marines or when Cory was in jail!

trinityroyal

I write letters by hand all the time. I also take notes, write first drafts of business reports etc. in longhand. I am strongly kinaesthetic, and have to do something physical in order to think or learn. There's something so charming about a proper letter.

Sent using ConductDisorders mobile app

peg2

Trinityroyal........good to hear. I love receiving a letter because you can read it over and over and I believe I express myself more on paper. It's also so much more personal than Facebook, text or whatever everyone else is doing these days..