Work Challenges

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I have been asked (more like told), at work, to take on a new position.

It involves an entirely new career and requires training.

They expect me to go to training in the city 3 hours from home for at least 11 days in the next couple of months. Plus wee difficult child's SpEd teacher is going to be gone, as well.

Currently, difficult child is on his 6th good week of school, following 18+ months of hades. I hand him off in the morning to his morning aid, and I pick him up every day at 430 from the afternoon sitter. I am a carrot at school. Wee difficult child earns tokens to email me or have me come in for lunch, etc. He rarely will voluntarily leave my side.

Every year since he's been here, he falls apart in late October. November/December are living hell. I pray this year is different, but we are waiting to see what happens.

Even IF I can find people willing and able to take care of him for that amount of time, this will send his anxiety thru the roof. I have no idea what to do or how to handle it.

If I don't go, it may well cost my job. If I do go, it may well cost wee difficult child's success.

I wish I knew how to make raising a difficult child co-exist with work.

Any advice?

Last edited:

KTMom91

I wish I had some for you. I started subbing because I never knew when I'd be needed, and the hours I worked were approximately the same as Miss KT's. Though I love subbing, it's cost me a lot. I don't have the earning power I did, I don't have work friends to hang out with, and I don't have a set amount coming in that I can count on. If Hubby didn't have a good job, I'd really be scrambling.