Bugsy admitted (I am sick)

Bugsy

Well, at 6 years old our son has now been admitted to the hospital. I am sad, frustrated, tired, nauseous, hopefull, hopeless, worried and just feel HORRIBLE. My eyes throb in pain from crying.

I am too tired to even write much.

This site has so many (too many) children who need so many prayers but if you have an extra thought/prayer available please take a moment to hope that my little boy gets well soon and can come home to his family (where all children should be) soon.

bugsy's mom

L

luvmyottb

My heart goes out to you...I am so sorry. I'm sure your heart is broken. Hopefully he will get the help he needs so he can rejoin your family soon.

Take this time to regroup and recharge. I will say a prayer for you and your family.

Many hugs

susiestar

Roll With It
Hon, of course we have time to say a prayer, light a candle, or rattle beads to help. You are part of our family hear.

This is so very hard. It makes you sick at heart. Please take time to care for yourself during this. If at all possible make some time to pamper yourself and your easy child. Some healing for your entire family during this is a good thing.

Sending hugs and prayers,

Susie

SRL

My prayers will certainly be with your little guy.

I know this is easy for me to say but cry those tears until they're gone and then turn your attention on recharging yourself. Get some rest, schedule an appointment with a therapist for yourself, spend some uninterrupted time with easy child. It doesn't sound possible but most parents find the time in the hospital goes paradoxically fast and kids come home before they've had a chance to regroup.

Hang in there. We're here for you.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It is difficult that's for sure. I suggest you read the other post about Bugsy and the hospital, from those who have been through it and what their experience was like for themselves and their children.
Children should be with family and they shouldn't have these terrible disorders. At least in this day and age there is a way to get treatment and not hide him at home in shame like in the old days.
Hang in there.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Prayers being said.

When we don't have time to pray for one of our own, then is when I will lose hope.

Steely

Oh sweetie...........Many prayers and hugs.

My difficult child was first admitted to phosph when he was 6, it broke my heart. I cried forever, it seemed.

But you know what? It was the best thing that could have happened for him. For the first time we got the help we really needed, and the medications changed to something workable. It was horrible in the interim, but long term, it was the best choice, for all concerned.

Because he was so young, I did get him into day hospital as soon as possible, so remember that is a possibility. The phosph was all about doing what was best for both his psychological and emotional little boy needs.

Hang in there........it will all be OK.
:sorry:

trinityroyal

Sending hugs and saying prayers that your little one gets well and comes home to you soon. As the others have said, cry as many tears as you need to, and then spend some well-needed and well-deserved time taking care of you.

Repeating what has already been said, cry till you can't anymore, then take care of you. Come back here and draw support from us. Know that he is getting the help he needs.

He will be back before you know it.

Sending extra hugs and prayers for your hurting mommy heart.

smallworld

I hope and pray Bugsy gets the help he needs. Sending many hugs and positive healing thoughts your way.

Hang in there. We're here for you.

house of cards

I am sorry for your aching heart, you are doing what needs to be done to help him, stay strong in that thought, of course you have my prayer. ((hugs))

Star*

call 911........call 911
Hey Bugsy -

Better or worse when you joined this family it came with unconditional prayer, bead rattling, vibe sending, and well wishes - PLUS around 1000 Board Aunties and a few Board Uncles for your little one.

Even when my own family can't understand - this one does.

sending you the pink, fuzzy, comforting friendship, board blanket -
and prayers

Hugs
Star

Bugsy

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

We call every few hours and so far Bugsy is doing okay. He goes in and out of bouts of homesickness. They say he is able to be redirected and displays typical behavior for a homesick little guy. When not homesick he is very social, talking and participating.

I wish I felt better about the whole thing. I am just trying to keep busy too.

People keep saying how they could not handle this as well as I have but they do not see the tears every time i turn around or see the pain.

Thank you so much,
Bugsy's mom

B

butterflydreams

Hugs to you!!! I can only imagine what you are going through - my son was 11 when he was hospitalized last September. It was all I could do to walk out of there with him crying behind me. He was saying I will never forgive you, please don't leave me. It was so hard to walk away. When I saw him the next day though at visitation all was o.k., he said he loved me and missed me and started talking about what they were going to be playing in the gym after dinner. It's the hardest thing you probably will ever have to do, but you know it is the right thing.

I currently wondering if my son will end up inpatient again before our current bout is over.

Best of luck!

Christy

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Take a deep breath and let it out... spend a few moments with your husband and your Daughter... Spend a few moments with yourself... let it out. He is OK... you really are doing what any of us would do. We are just trying to help our kids... No-one gets it. But we do. Your poor kid needs help, your family needs help. That is the truth. You did what a family in distress would do.
Do not beat yourself up, your son is sick... you sought out medical help, that is the bottom line!!!
It is hard and it is sad. But he is getting treatment.
I am thinking of you and your family. Sending big hugs out to you. A bunch of Positive JUJU!!!
Give yourself a break, please... your are a great MOM!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Remember he is where he needs to be. I know it's hard but you did what he needs. Gentle hugs and prayers.

jannie

trying to survive....
Hi--
I just so your post for the first time....sorry I didn't check in sooner--sending great big hugs and prayers for Bugsy !! Hang in there -- I'm glad you gave us a brief update on how he's handled the first few hours. Please keep us posted..