Can't Keep Story Straight hmm

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
As you know katie told ME that M had been approved and could move into the apartment.

Turns out she told NICHOLE that she is still waiting to hear and he's still not allowed on the property.

Hmmm.

Katie also told me that M has some changing to do as per their relationship. Not sure I'm buying that one either.

Katie has also been telling us for a week kayla was going to call me and ask for a ride to school the morning of her field trip. (this was husband's doing, he decided if kayla needed the ride kayla needed to ask.....*shrugs shoulders*) She told me on sunday that kayla would call at 6pm on mon. But at that time katie was on fb.........and I got no call from kayla. She knew I was on fb and therefore home, still no call. Not my problem. husband set up the rules for that one not me.....no call from kayla no ride to school for field trip.

Yesterday easy child and I had run to the grocery. On our back back we passed M walking toward town. He is supposed to be working 11-11 6 days a wk off only on wed. This was a monday at 2pm.

Seems odd though. Because if he was at katies, or dropping in there........he could use her computer. Yet computer use is the only reason for him to head downtown.....nothing else is there for him except the library with their computers.

So I find that odd too.

Maybe she's sticking to apartment rules after all.

Another odd thing. She had a phone installed in the apartment. She knows my number by heart. I've tried to prompt her into calling instead of using just fb to communicate. She keeps saying she will, but she doesn't ever use the phone. Last time I got excuses over the phone......her mother was there and she couldn't get rid of her while she called.

And I do know her mother returned to St. Louis in hopes that katie would fund her trip the rest of the way here. Not an unreasonable request when she gave the kids a ton of her money when they first got here...........money she really didn't have to give.

It's really bad that I can recognize M at 100 yards from his walk alone........ugh

So don't know what's going on there. She does still communicate fairly often via fb though.

P

PatriotsGirl

Maybe she hates the phone as much as I do. I seriously hate it and dread calling anyone and I get annoyed when people call me - even my husband lol. I can text, though!! Texting queen over here. But to sit there and have a conversation? Rarely....

Mom2oddson

I'd rather FB or text or email, myself...
Me too! I only call those who don't text (my Mom) or places of business. Otherwise, I never use my phone for talking. With the exception of easy child. He calls me to vent about college life.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My DAD - quiet type - will talk on the phone with me for 45 minutes to an hour!

And he's a computer person, too.

He and Mom don't text much. But they've been trying...

CrazyinVA

Staff member
Count me as another that hates .. ok, strongly dislikes.. talking on the phone. I view the phone as a means to an end... a quick call to make plans when texting isn't an option. I'm on the phone plenty at work, that's enough.

I don't like long extended talks on the phone at all, but I simply can't stand texting. For one thing I can only do like 5 words a minute - I don't have a keyboard on my cell, so I have to push the numbers repeatedly until the right letter comes up. Even if I did have a keyboard, my fingers are too fat and my eyesight too poor (even with bifocals) to type on those itty-bitty things. I don't get the concept either - why laboriously type out a message when you could use the phone the old-fashioned way and talk into it ten times faster?

Of course we come from a generation that didn't have to be in contact with the outside world 24 X 7 - when you left the house, nobody could reach you until they saw you face to face or you were by one of those things with the handset that we used to call a "phone" (it's called a "land-line" now, and they are becoming as rare as the old rotary-dialed machines; I wonder if the kids even know why it's called "dialing" a number any more). "Leaving a message" wasn't voice-mail but an actual human grabbing a pencil and scrap of paper and jotting down "So & so called - call him back at 555-1212".

As for FB and Twitter and MySpace, I don't do them at all. Just posting on CD takes up way too much time as it is.

Sadly, you know the old saying.."If her mouth is moving,she's lying."
M might still have a job, 66 hours of work for him does seem a little far-fetched and he doesn't last long at jobs to begin with. Maybe he works, but less hours. Or maybe the whole job thing was a lie, or maybe he lies to her....One can never know. (Remember she told you he was a restaurant manager?)

If she's anything like my difficult child, she'll say any stupid lie, even where there is no reason to lie. I agree Kayla should have called husband, but who knows if she even passed that info along.....who knows if there was a class trip..... She did want you to believe it was approved for M to be there which is very indicitive of her plans.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well that's true Star. lmao!

Yes........usually if her mouth is moving odds are it's a lie. Lately not so much, but I have to remind myself in the past this has been the case. And of course he could be lying to her too for that matter.

Kayla called tonight. She was very self conscious to ask if we'd pick her up for the field trip......to the point her voice was shaking. Then she brightened up and blabbed all sorts of stuff. lol Mostly not too important of stuff.....except Mom is wasting what little money she has a month buying movies and junk. But will be her problem if that money runs out.

I WAS pleased to here Kayla has set the goal of the all A honor roll for this quarter for herself. Currently she's pulled her two C's up to B's and hopes to have them to A's by the end of the quarter.......which will give her the straight A's. Seems Katie listened to me on the ban for the boys going into her room and bothering her. Homework is easier without brothers trying to interfere. I didn't say anything to her but I will have to think of a surprise for her if she can meet her goal, something special. To go from barely passing 2 quarters ago to all A's would be quite a big deal. Won't be anything huge, just something small and special.

And yeah......katie may not be one for talking on the phone. Guess I hadn't thought of it that way. I have no issue talking on the phone.........I can do it forever if I have nothing else that needs to be done. lol

Star*

call 911........call 911
Gosh I'm not a talker.......
....I think this is why Hound NEVER answers her phone........

Last edited by a moderator:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Phhhht! I also got cable phone service that HOOVERS out the wazoo. My mom still thinks I hung up on her 3 times during my Mother's day phone call. omg Nichole will get on facebook and say.......oh hey there you are been trying to call you all day. I pick up the phone and it's dead. ugh Go reset the blankity blank box yet again. Another phone co is moving into the area........soon as they get here I am sooooooo trying them out!

Meanwhile it's yet another call to cable to come out and replace the d*mn box yet again. Of course husband just informed me last week he never put the cable box on a surge protector..........This might have something to do with it. We have power surges at least twice a week. omg

DammitJanet

I am not much on fb but I do like to talk here. I used to do chatrooms A LOT! I could keep at least two boxes open at a time. No more. I will email if I need to. I love talking on the phone. I dont have people in my close proximity that even utter words to me so the phone is my only source of hearing words. Half the time I barely hear the spoken word outside the TV...lol.

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
Expecting her to tell the truth after a lifetime of lying is unrealistic, in my opinion. IT is good that kayla called. She is going to need regular rewards to teach her that it is okay to call Nana and Gpa and ask for what she needs. Maybe start asking her to call once a week at a set time to talk about her week and the reward is some nana time or a small prize that is just hers? It seems like she has had to share everything and put what she wants and needs aside for what her parents and brothers want and need. Chances are that asking for something she needs has been met with anger and harshness many times in the past. So this will take osme time to teach her that it is okay to call Nana and be honest and ask if you need something. in my opinion husband was right that kayla needed to call, mostly because kayla needs to learn to speak up for herself.

My parents iwll NOT buy anything from a fundraiser unless my kids call and ask. It is pretty funny, in my opinion, because they are guaranteed sales and the kids will work themselves up into their sales pitch each time.

Good training for life though. Most people have a sales job at one time or another.

Kayla's goal for straight A's is awesome!!! Tell her she has an auntie in OK who thinks she is AWESOME!! A good prize might be something small that is yours that could be a sort of daily reminder of how hard she worked and how proud you are of her. A pendant or something you have that you could give her maybe? My mom's bff never graduated high school. It took years but when she finally got her GED my mother gave her high school ring to my aunt. It showed how proud we all were of her, and was a nice piece of jewelry because that is hwat they made for class rings back then (not like the koi that my class was sold!). It meant so much because it was NOT new but had sentimental value.

rejectedmom

lying is so difficult to deal with. We either get blindsided for believing them and finding out differently or critizied for not believing them. I live with this also. I decided al long time ago not to make myself crazy tring to find out what the truth is. I just don't believe them ever. If something is important to me I willinvestigate it but if not I just ignore. It stinks but it is what it is. Great that Kayla is picking up her grades. I think I would give her a little something for her real effort even if she doesn't get the A's.

donna723

I think you will have to treat Katie just the way I did with my ex. He was another one who, if his mouth was moving, he was probably lying! I finally got to where I just nodded a lot and said, "un huh" and nodded some more, and then filed it away under "Pending". It got very, VERY tiresome trying to weigh everything he said back and forth and decide if it was true or not so I finally just got to where I let it go in one ear and out the other!