dad's pulled pork

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by amazeofgrace, Jun 19, 2008.

1. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

My dad who is home on disability tried his hand at BBQ pulled pork, oh my GOSH! It is so good, I am eating it on a soft hamburger roll with coleslaw on top, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

it's better then chocolate!:D
  2. witzend

witzend Well-Known Member

Recipe, please!
  3. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

Another who would love the recipe!!
  4. Christy

Christy New Member

I have been looking for a pull pork recipe for some time. Share please. Yum.
  5. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Yeah just don't throw out the tease and then run away...
  6. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

welp my Dad cooked it so I will get him to write it down for me, I know it's a pork butt rubbed down with spice rubs and it was slow cooked in the oven fat side up covered in foil at 250 degrees for 9 hours, cooled for an hour and then pulled. We used a bottle of BBQ sauce as a condiment for it on hamburger rolls and bought KFC cole slaw to put on top, Yuuuummm, I will ask what he used for a rub.
  7. klmno

klmno Active Member

Thank you!! Sounds delicious and something I haven't had in a while!
  8. Andy

Andy Active Member

This will be the first item in my "Better then chocolate" cookbook. My difficult child asked me yesterday if I had a choice to eat one scorpion that is non-poisoneous and wouldn't be bad except for the taste or going without chocolate the rest of my life what I would choose. I told him no chocolate (only because I knew that if I ate a chocolate bar in front of him one hour later, he would have forgotten about this.). My answer confused him, wasn't what he thought I would say.

I love BBQ anything and coleslaw. Thank you!!! I do believe it is better than chocolate.
  9. amazeofgrace

amazeofgrace New Member

oh it was a 10 lb butt and my dad used McCormicks pork rub on it