difficult child got the job!!

Kathy813

Staff member
She starts at the salon in two weeks when the owner returns from her trip and can start orientation. One of her good friends from school also got a job there and difficult child is very excited that they will be working together.

difficult child will be working on a straight 50% commission so it will take a while to start making money but at least it is a start.

difficult child, being a difficult child, is more excited about the fact that she can get spa services such as facials, massages, and waxing at 80% off. Never mind worrying about things like a car, rent money, medical bills . . .

I keep reminding myself . . . . baby steps!

~Kathy

everywoman

Yeah difficult child. And you know all of those spa treatments are IMPORTANT, when you are young and foolish! But, it is a step in the right direction.

Nancy

Kathy that's great news. The lady who does my hair was once a difficult child and she now works in a salon and pays rent and gets to keep all the money she makes and she does very well. My difficult child would be more concerned about the spa treatments than paying rent too.

Nancy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Way To Go difficult child!!! :D :D

One huge step in the right direction. The rest will fall into place as maturity bites her.

Fran

Former desparate mom
Excellent. One more step forward. I'm keeping my fingers crossed she will continue to find her way.