He passed his math class!!!!

TerryJ2

WOW! He got a straight "B" for classwork, and passed the SOL (Standards of Learning test) today. That means he doesn't have to take the final exam tomorrow. Maybe a loud, disorganized, crowded, compressed, total immersion experience works for him.
Or maybe the promise of a new phone after he passes with-an A or B did the trick. :choir:

(He ruined the old phone when he wet the bed.)

InsaneCdn

Of the list of attributes of that class, ONE would work in his favor: compressed. My kids like to learn that way too. You don't forget today what you learned yesterday... it's much harder when you have math for 45 minutes every other day.

This isn't how the outcome was looking on the FIRST day of class, if I recall... ;)

SuZir

Yay, difficult child!

By the way, compressed may indeed be a key word. When I was at the Uni, I always loved, and did very well, on what were called intensive courses. Courses taught 8 hours a day for a week or two, then independent project and a day going through those few weeks later. They had those courses during break times and they were often taught by visiting professors. I wouldn't have minded if all of our courses would had been taught that way. Really made it easy to get immersed to the topic. Of course better not get sick during that type of course.

TerryJ2

Right, SuZir. We may be onto something here.
Thank you all!
Whew! What a relief. Now he can enter 10th grade as a true 10th grader. :)

svengandhi

My daughter did foreign language at summer school as a compressed course and told me that the immersion really helped her. She did it with math, too. For some kids, especially those whose memories are not the strongest, the shorter course can be a lifesaver as there's less time to forget the material.