I love my dog!

Malika

I have never owned a dog before. And have always been rather wary (not to say churlish) about friends who gushed about their canine companions. But now... I really do love my little Pup. She is such a gracious, gentle, sweet soul and such a benign presence about the place that I do feel real affection for and attachment to her. So now I understand what my friends are on about! :)

InsaneCdn

A good dog is a source of unconditional love.

And they know if you're down... or happy... or silly... or stressed...
(sometimes, people just don't get it!)

donna723

Oh me too, Mutt! Actually, I feel very sorry for anyone who has never shared their life with a loving pet! I have four dogs, all with different personalities, different needs, different little quirks. I can't even imagine not having them here! I adore them all, I take very good care of them, they're pampered and protected and they eat better than a lot of people do! But I can honestly say that anything I have ever done for them, they have paid back 1000%!

Last edited:

Jody

I can't begin to tell you how much I adore my boy Broady. He is the sweetest, most gentle and loving boy there is. He makes me feel good every day when I come home. He's always by my side and I take him every where that I can. I can take him to work sometimes and everyone talks about how beautiful and well behaved he is. That's not because I am a great dog trainer, it's because he loves to be good and please you. My best friend definately.

I love my dog with all my heart. There is a special bond between us that is absolutely amazing. The longer we're together, the tighter that bond becomes and we've been together a long time - over 10 years!! When it comes to my "favorite sanity saver," there is nothing I wouldn't do for her. My husband feels the same way about her as I do and believe me, she has everything a dog could ever want. She is so much a part of our family that when we celebrate a special occasion with a cake, she sits patiently waiting for a special treat too. At Christmas, she has wrapped gifts under the tree and they're passed out right along with everyone else's. I know - I'm absolutely nuts, lol...!!! I guess you have to love dogs to understand... SFR

BusynMember

I adore my dogs. They are part of my family. We even have presents for them for Christmas and stockings with their names on them...lol! Welcome to the I-Love-My-Pet club :)

Steely

Welcome to our crazy pet club :) ---- it is amazing how these furry little mammals change our hearts. Tesla has even managed to tug at my Mom's heart strings, and she is not a dog lover. The best part is that each of them are so uniquely different.
I have Matt over, and he has Steely and Diesel with him --- and the 3 dogs are all so profoundly different, yet they all bring the same thing --- love and kisses.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
My dogs are my other 3 children. Seriously. lol I even shop for xmas gifts for them.............birthday gifts........at least I don't do the other holidays. lol

Jody

I got Broady a ball that says it's not destructable, lol, and you put a meat treat on each side and they eat it, I also got him some of those Dingo Sweet Potato dog snacks, he loves those. He's also getting a couple pigs ears, and a new rope toy. He gets really wild swinging it around when i say Look at Mama's big boy. I love to spoil him.

Steely

Hey, just as a side note to our doggie lover thread - Iams dog food just recalled a whole lot of puppy food. There have been a lot of these lately, so be on the head's up.

TerryJ2

Awww!
I grew up with the cartoons of an artist named Charles Schultz, who created the Peanuts characters, including Charlie Brown and Snoopy. One of the most famous phrases he created for his cartoon strip was, "Happiness is a warm puppy."
Absolutely. :)

Malika

Is there anyone who doesn't know Snoopy? :) He also said:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll probably still be a dog. Sigh! There's so little hope for advancement."[/FONT]

Fran

Former desparate mom
I was never a dog person. My husband was not a dog person. I now have 3 furbabies and I'm fostering a fourth. It's a little crazy here since foster is adorable and gentle to all people but is terrified and aggressive with other dogs. My husband is as crazy about them as I am. I tell my sons it saves them from me micromanaging their lives. LOL.
They give me a peace that is hard to describe.

Enjoy the wonderfulness that comes with a connection to a dog. (or a cat)

donna723

As I'm typing this, my Katy is next to me on the sofa, sitting up like a person with her back against the back of the sofa, legs sticking out in front of her. She's leaning against me, her head on my shoulder, while she's looking up at me and making her soft grunty, snorty little "Katy noises" in my ear and I'm talking back to her. We share a lot of little moments like that. There's nothing else like that There just isn't!

muttmeister

I've been baking Christmas cookies for a couple of days. Now I have to bake doggie treats. My two, one for difficult child 1's dog, and two for difficult child 2's dogs. I'll make up cute little treat bags for them. IF the grandkids get home baked cookies, so do the dogs. LOL

Steely

Yes, possibly it is called transference?
Transferring the love we so want to give to our kids, but can't, onto our 4 legged friends? :)

buddy

A moment to love on my doggie for you all.... he is very old, about 15ish. He has very few teeth, has lost all hearing as of this year (kind of funny to come in the back door and he is sniffing at the front and doesn't even turn around) and has a large tumor on his chest. It is not causing him pain but at the point it does we will have to let him go. Q still thinks our cat (age 19) would be alive if I had not taken him to the vet. No matter that by the time we took him he had overnight declined so much that I had him wrapped in a blanket and even Q could carry him into the clinic.

It will be very hard when our doggie dies. (The REAL Buddy) He has been really sleepy the past two days but still eating and licking and drinking and all the other normal doggie things. I have had him since he was just a handful. Now only 10 lbs but a really good, smart dog. Super stinky now, but I still love him. I pray he will feel ok and have fun for at least a year... we can't take another change.