I love my dog!

Nancy

Aww buddy that made me sad. My dog is 12 now and she is really slowing down a lot and I fear she isn't going to be with us for very long. She can't see well, won't go outside in the dark unless I go with her and hold a flashlight in her path, stumbles often when climbing the stairs, misses the bed or chair when she tries to jump on it, moves very slowly and sometimes forget where she is suppose to do her business or is just too worn out to ask to go out.

When I throw her her treat it goes right past her and she sniffs around until she finds it. She has small fatty tumors under her skin and cysts that have to be drained and her nose is falling apart. I think she has doggie alzheimers because she will stand in the middle of the floor and stare into space for hours. I don't know how I will let her go when the time comes. Thankfully she is not in real pain and still loves to sit beside me on the chair and go for short walks and of course sleep on our bed.

Nancy

DazedandConfused

Oh, my..another dog devote here. I have two, Goldie and Candi. Goldie is my fun-loving girl with lots of energy and Candi is my semi-rescue who is very sweet and loving but came with a lot of issues that were unknown until she arrived here from Texas. If me and kids can agree on anything it's that we love these dogs.

I will sit in the chair with my laptop and Goldie will come and lay down right by my feet. Sometimes, she even lays on them. Or, she will lay there while I use her as a foot (very gently) rest. Her soft fur feels so good on a cold day and she seems to like it! It's not a wonder that people that own dogs tend to live longer.

Kathy813

Staff member
Add me to the dog lovers club! My two furbabies sleep with us, too. I love waking up on a cold morning and finding them cuddled up next to me.