New therapist appointment today

flutterby

Fly away!
I bow down to God, the gods, angels, saints, mother earth, buddha and anything else that might have any powers........

We found a therapist that difficult child likes. And difficult child *really* likes her. I do, too. She seems really awesome.

You know, a lot of times after the first visit you say, "I like her. She seems to have a good handle on things." But, this woman was phenomenal. Felt instantly comfortable as soon as we walked in. She really likes difficult child's autonomy. And difficult child who doesn't talk to anyone about "stuff", couldn't stop talking. And...brace yourselves...difficult child offered to bring in her journals. *GASP*

Our appointment was supposed to be an hour and a half. We went 2 hours.

I am so excited. She really made a connection with difficult child and really made some connections that I hadn't considered before.

She also used to be a high school english teacher, so she's worked with kids in many different ways.

I really think this is the right person. I am soooo relieved and sooo happy.

:D

crazymama30

Great. I hope she truly ends up being the right person, and that difficult child makes great strides with her. Sounds really good.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
That's such great news! I hope this is the beginning of some really good things for difficult child. :D