OMG! I did a DUMB thing!

donna723

Somebody, pleeeeeeease tell me that I'm not the only one that's ever done this! :faint:

I went to work this morning as usual but ended up with the mother of all sinus headaches - haven't had one that bad in a long, long time. I mean the kind where my sinuses feel like they're burning, I get dizzy and sick to my stomach and it hurts to even move my eyes. So I packed it in and headed for home. As luck would have it, I was all out of Tylenol or anything else that could have helped, so I stopped at the store and bought some, then went home. I dosed up, grabbed a pillow and a blanket, and hit the sofa, with my little snuggle buddy (Ragan the Boston) in her usual spot right next to me. That was about noon and the last thing I remember. Bear in mind that I sleep on the living room sofa every night, with the TV on ... can you see it coming yet???)

Next thing I know, I'm waking up and I see the clock and it says 5:30 and I'm doing this huge internal panic thing because I have my clock set to get up at 4:30 a.m. (yes, it takes me that long to get ready!) and I think I've overslept! The headache has been pushed to the background but it's still there. Then I see that I haven't even set the clock! What's wrong with me? And it's way too bright outside to be 5:30 am! Is the clock wrong on top of everything else, and now I'll be late to work? And my other dog, Freebie, is outside! When did I get up and let the dog out? Don't remember doing that at all! So I sit up and put my feet on the floor in a zombie-like daze, while I try to figure this all out. But wait ... maybe it's Saturday morning instead of Friday? Yeah, that's it! No, it's gotta be Friday ... Then I sit up and I notice that the wrong TV program is on! What's Charlie Gibson doing on this early? Has something big happened and I slept through it? Or maybe I'm in the Twilight Zone? Then I'm pushing buttons on the remote looking for Good Morning America, but it doesn't come on till 6:00. So I get up and stumble to the kitchen (without my glasses, which is always disorienting) and notice that I didn't set the coffee pot like I usually do either!

And then very, v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y the fog starts to lift and I begin to consider the remote possibiity that it just might still be Thursday afternoon instead of Friday morning (or even Saturday morning!). Yeah, maybe that's it! That would explain a lot! Then I stumbled in to the bathroom and noticed that my hair and makeup still looked too good for me to have slept all night and I decided for sure that it was still Thursday! It's a darned good thing too, because I was all ready to start getting ready for work! I would have figured it out eventually because it would have been getting DARK while I was driving in! I'm still a little disappointed that it's not Saturday morning though!

Haven't felt so dumb in a long, long time and for me, that's saying a lot! It took me at least TEN full minutes to figure out what day it was and if it was morning or afternoon! Do we still have that icon with the little embarassed guy pulling a paper bag over his head????????

Andy

:bag::bloodshot: That is one doozy of a sinus headache. I think tomorrow had better be your Saturday. Call work and say you are not coming in.

Lothlorien

Nope, never done that, but I can certainly sympathize with the sinus headaches.

Try takin Advil...instead of Tylenol (Ibuprofen brings inflammatioon down) and get youself some Pulsatilla 30x.

donna723

Loth, what is Pulsatilla 30x?

I get these headaches a lot more in the early spring and I think they're allergy induced. It doesn't help anything that at work today (at the prison) they had at least 50 inmates on 50 tractors and mowers cutting the same grass they already cut yesterday, blowing dry grass everywhere! They cut the same grass two days in a row because we had two guys there from A&E filming for some TV show yesterday - they filmed all day long and then they discovered that their camera still had the lens cover on it! So they had to come back again today and film the same stuff all over again! Why they want film of inmates cutting grass and weed-eating, we'll never know. But if you ever see anything on A&E about prisons and it shows dozens of inmates cutting grass, it's us!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yep, I've done it. :bag: I orient myself by what tv shows I slept through. Last night I slept through AI so I knew it was Wednesday night when I woke up. :rofl:

Suz

Lothlorien

Pulsatilla is a natural, homeopathic decongestant. husband has high blood pressure and cannot take decongestants, but he can take this and it provides relief. I also give this to my kids. My pediatrician even asked me about it, because her mom has high blood pressure. The 30x is the strength.

You can also try Kali Bichromium, or Hyland's Sinus, which has a little combination of that and a few others to help with the sinuses.

Most health food stores carry a line of Hylands and Boiron (the makers of Occicillinoccinum, the flu medication).

My allergies end up with a sinus infection (currently) and if not taken care of, develops into bronchitis. husband just started with allergies last week, but had a thing booked where he worked all weekend outside and ended up with pneumonia by Monday morning. Be careful. If you are getting a sinus infection, go to the doctor!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I haven't done it.........yet.

BUT my Mom pulled a stunt on my sis when she was a teen that made her think the same thing. She was standing at the bus stop for 45 mins before it dawned on her that the sun still hadn't risen in the sky. LOL (sis still doesn't think it's funny)

That must've been one lu lu of a headache. I had one similar today. I threatened husband's life if he didn't go get my allergy medication. Running out of it at the height of everything blooming is horrid!

Hope you're feeling better.

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, my...nearly daily I do that! I don't even know what day it is, I question the month and year. If I didn't have my cell phone or computer to check, I'd be in big dog doo doo.

Toss in the factor that H has completely sealed off all outside light by blankets and such. So, *if* I actually take an afternoon nap, I have no idea if it's day or night when I wake up.

One incident - I woke up and my clock says 7:45. (no am or pm) I'm scrambling because I need to be at work by 8am. An Olympics shower, makeup, etc...then H knocks on the door and says what are you doing? I HAVE TO RUN TO WORK OR I'LL BE LATE!! Since when do you go into work at 8pm? Umm...8pm? Ooops. My bad.

Senile moment.

Abbey

trinityroyal

I've never done that, but I have gotten up, showered and dressed, and driven to the office, only to discover that it's Saturday morning and I have no business even being out of bed yet.

Hope you feel better soon.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Haven't actually made it out of the house, but since I am always the first to get up... We had a windstorm here last September, thereby effectively killing the clocks! Made it thru a cold shower, dressed, gathering makeup when I realized it should be starting to get light outside! Went and got the cell phone... And... Not only was is 3 AM, it was SATURDAY.

eekysign

Definitely done that! You are not alone! :)

I also woke up one night at my Dad's house (he had me every other weekend, plus holidays and summer time, so I was there less than at Mom's) and everything was WRONG. My head was facing a wall and I was lying on my right side, and that was impossible - not that any of that registered til later. At the time, it was ALL WRONG, and I had NO idea where I was, and I totally freaked out.

About two seconds later, it dawns on me that I'm in my own bed at Dad's house. And the walls are all wrong 'cause it's not Mom's. Ha. But there was a moment there where I was completely disoriented and thought I'd been kidnapped or something!

trinityroyal

My head was facing a wall and I was lying on my right side, and that was impossible - not that any of that registered til later. At the time, it was ALL WRONG, and I had NO idea where I was, and I totally freaked out.

I heard that Barry Manilow did that once when he was on tour and staying in a hotel. He woke up disoriented, thought he was at home, and walked face first into a wall in his hotel room, breaking his nose.

You're definitely not alone.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ROFLMAO.......
OMG I thought these things ONLY happened to me----

That should have had a LOL warning......

and why WAS the furkid outside?

donna723

Star, Ms. Freebie (my mixed breed) stays outside on my covered front porch a long tie-out while I'm at work. It's long enough that she can get out to the grass but not as far as the street. She HATES being crated and would much rather be outside. When I'm home, she's in and out, in and out ... and she always sleeps inside at night. She has her own recliner. Sometimes on the weekends she needs to go out before I wake up, so she comes over and paws my shoulder until I get up and put her out, then I go back to sleep for an hour or so. She likes to come in and play but then she's ready to go back out again ... she's afraid there might be something going on and she's going to miss it! ;) She was outside because she wanted back out before I took my very long 'nap'.

susiequte

been there done that....I also have been known to answer the phone when the alarm clock goes off, or even get up and answer the door when the phone rings, etc. The most famous incident....I was in a dead sleep and the doorbell rang scaring the bejesus out of me! I jumped out of bed and RAN to the front door...opened it....and then passed out cold! Next thing I know, someone is banging on the screen door for me to wake up. It was the Jehovah's Witnesses paying their yearly visit! I guess I got up so quickly that my blood pressure couldn't adjust. The poor JW's came back an hour later just to make sure I was okay!!!