Prayers for Matt

Steely

He just slipped in the bathroom, put his hand out to stabilize himself. He ended up putting his whole hand through the mirror the glass cutting his whole hand as he slipped. I can't tell over the phone how much blood he has lost, and to what degree the wound is, but it sounds bad. He has it wrapped in 2 towels, and blood is soaking through. My mom is on her way - to take him to the ER. I don't know if I should start driving that way or not (2 hours). He is totally panicky. Please keep him in your thoughts.

T

TeDo

Prayers heading his way (and yours too!). Hope he didn't cut a major artery or nerve in his hand. Keep us posted.

H

HaoZi

OMW, praying for him. Please update when you can. I hope this means she's faster than an ambulance or he doesn't think it's bad enough for an ambulance.

InsaneCdn

Steely - Here's hoping some good comes out of this. Sometimes... it is NEED that breaks through some of the phobia barriers...

Steely

Thanks - Poor kiddo. I just heard from him, and he is OK. I think he was panicking a lot because there was so much blood, and he has never really been hurt like that before. Fortunately he did not sever a nerve or artery - just a bad cut. The cut was too jagged, and too much flesh was missing for them to give him stitches so they just bandaged him up. His grandma is taking him home now. Phew.

Steely

Gosh - well I thought he was better - but her got home - and his hand won't stop bleeding. He is so freaked out. My Mom is taking him back to the hospital. I still don't understand why they didn't give him stitches. Sometimes I wonder because he has long curly hair and a tatoo if the medical care world blows him off to a degree. Or is it that he has no insurance. This is not the first time a Dr has not given him thorough care.. Than again, maybe the guy tried his best - I don't know. I am worried again.

M

Mamaof5

Gosh - well I thought he was better - but her got home - and his hand won't stop bleeding. He is so freaked out. My Mom is taking him back to the hospital. I still don't understand why they didn't give him stitches. Sometimes I wonder because he has long curly hair and a tatoo if the medical care world blows him off to a degree. Or is it that he has no insurance. This is not the first time a Dr has not given him thorough care.. Than again, maybe the guy tried his best - I don't know. I am worried again.

Absolutely had this happen to me. I have two out of the normal standard piercings and 6 tattoos and this happened to me just recently with cardiac symptoms. Absolutely can and does happen more often than it doesn't.

My prayers are with, and I don't understand why they pack and wrapped then tossed out the door too. That's nuts, they can at least stitch where they can and pack where they can't. Too jagged my rear end. I've seen doctors with less at their disposal work miracles with stitching and skills within stitching that should never have occurred in the first place (meaning the stitching took and stayed what they call conglomerated).

Steely

I agree - I just told my mom to watch over them and demand results. This is Portland OR which is pretty liberal - but still. The kid was bleeding out just a minute ago - bled through a huge banadge.....
Man just hit me over the head.

Steely

Thanks - he is back from the DR with more bandages, and the bleeding has stopped. He is fearful to go to sleep, (he has been up since 1am) - but I encouraged him it would all be fine. If it starts bleeding again, he has to go to the ER, says the Dr. (I thought that all this time he had been in the ER, but it was just a medical clinic.)

H

HaoZi

Is your mom staying with him to be sure he's okay overnight? If he's a restless sleeper like Kiddo is I'd be worrying.