teen bipolar checklist

crazymama30

Does anyone know of a checklist of sort to screen for bipolar disorder in teens? easy child sees her therapist today, and if I could find something for her to fill out online it would help. easy child is concerned she could be bipolar, and at 14 I think she should be able to fill something out on her own. I also think that given our family history, we should listen to her. She knows way more about BiPolar (BP) than other kids her age.

Jena

hi

other than going on line and looking up syptoms of bipolar in teens i do not know of one. I think if i were you id' tell her to sit quietly with a piece of paper and a pen and write down her experiences, feelings, symptoms. your right at her age self advocating is a good skill to practice and she should be part of any treatment she has.

that's what i would do at least. also it's not a form thing it's from her own perspective, also your observations.

good luck!

crazymama30

I was thinking she might do better with a form, she has a hard time explaining things sometimes, and if it was a form she could just say yes, no or some of the time.......that kind of thing

Jena

did you look on line they may have one for adults. that you can print out for her. i'll go chk quick. we're just waiting for 2nd tutor to show