Tell us about your OTHER kids

mstang67chic

Going Green
Well, um....we only have difficult child. Can I live vicariously through all of you who have easy child's?

I do have sibs who are of "that" age though. My sister A is 20. She works and goes to school. Currently she's in classes for nursing although I think she's debating changing her major...not sure yet. She was a bit of a difficult child for a couple of years but has straightened out and really taken charge of her life. She dated one guy for about 3 years and finally dumped his lazy person and is now playing catch up on socializing. She still lives at home and I know she would love to get her own place but I think she realizes that she can't afford it.

My brother G is 17 (9 months younger than difficult child!lol). He's basically a good kid but is a bit stubborn and tries to do what HE wants. He's currently inbetween jobs and will be a senior next year. Er....assuming he pulls his grades up. He loves ANYTHING Japanese and even takes Japanese in school. He can get an A in that class and flunk English. sigh. He takes martial arts class and while I couldn't tell you what belt he has, I occasionally see trophies around the house that he's earned. He recently was in a school play and that was an experience for this big sister! He's a very creative person and I'm reallly curious to see how he develops that as he becomes an adult.

My youngest sister S just turned 14 and is THE drama queen. She's actually the most like me personality wise and that just kills her! LOL She's quite the tomboy and into basketball and football but is starting to come into her own with "girlie" stuff. She had quite a bit of hair cut off recently and A put some highlights in her hair. With the age difference between the kiddos and myself, I try to find things in common and do things with each of them. I was able to take S to her first Kenny Chesney concert not that long ago. (Cause you know.....Kenny is going to wait for her to grow up and they will be getting married. I'll be sure to send you all invitations!) Through a series of misunderstandings and crossed wires, we wound up in the 4th row and the look on her face when she laid eyes on Kenny was priceless!!! Both S and A are teeny tiny but I keep forgetting how old S really is. So she manages to both crack me up and make me speechless sometimes with the things that come out of her mouth at times. Like G, she's also not too big into the whole grade concept with school. All of them are smart as a whip, they just aren't much into homework. LOL We'll see if she makes it to the 9th grade next year.

I also have friend's kids that I tend to "hover" around but A, G and S are the closest to "mine". Of course, I was 17, 20 and almost 24 when they were born....might have something to do with that! LOL

Mom2oddson

Star - thank you for this thread!

My daughter is Bi-polar but she's really good at taking her medications. If she feels that things aren't right - she asks for an appointment and gets her medications adjusted. However, she is 15 1/2 and a hormonal tornado! It's an adventure everyday as to how her mood will go. She's been working hard on her school work this year. (she wants a driver's license). She's got a good loving heart. And when the hormones are right - she is so fun to be around.

My Son is 3 weeks away from graduating High School. He's already been accepted into the College of his choice (4 states away). He woke up last September and told me that it was time for him to grow-up. And that is what he has done. My heart swells with pride when I think of him. He's on the honor roll, he works around our house without being asked. This past weekend he cleaned the roof and gutters because it needed to be done. Then, every weekend, he goes to his grandparents and takes care of their house and yard because they need the help. He grew up this year and I'm really going to miss him in the fall.

Thanks for letting me brag.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
My only easy child is my middle one, Jamie, who will be 26 this year, as is the only one out of the three that has not even so much as made me raise my eyebrows as far as behavior goes. (not that I believe he is such a goody two shoes, but he has handled it himself without getting me involved LOL) He has worked at UPS for about 4 years, not for the money but for the bene's - and has another full time job at a computer hardware manufacturer at their customer service section. The computer job he is quitting in August so he can go back to school.

He has inherited my sarsastic sense of humor, along with his fathers British sarcastic sense of humor so he can be quite biting with his comments. He went from computer geek, then sort of lapsed into a Grisley Adams kinda guy, but now he is totally Retro.

How he turned out to be such a good kid with such a kind heart growing up with two wack jobs on either side of him and me as a mom is a mystery to me, but I am sooo thankful I have one sane steady one in the bunch..

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
Nice thread.

My oldest easy child is remarkably doing well. He shunned college, lived with 7 other guys, then found out that wasn't so fun. He's now an IT guy at 25. (I need to update my signature.) He's doing the typical 'guy' thing where I don't talk with him for months, but he's working hard and been with the same girl for 8 years.

easy child daughter just finished her junior year in college. She's changed her major a zillion times, but seems to be on the right path now. She ditched the abusive boyfriend of 3 years, and I guess that is all that is important to me right now. She turned 21 the other day. She tells me things I *shouldn't* know as a mom. Geez...

Last easy child is getting ready to graduate in two weeks. He's your stereotypical kid. If you looked up 'teen' in a dictionary, you'd find his picture. He's supposedly heading off to UNLV in July. We'll see if he can make that happen. He tends to be a bit lazy and distracted by girlfriends and expensive clothing. Real life will hit him soon.

Abbey

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
What a neat idea! I love it. We get so caught up in things difficult child that its easy to forget you guys have other kids and lives! lol
My easy child 1 is still working for the county, which is a good job. He recently applied for a job with the state, so he's hoping to get that (conservation department - right up his alley (think 'coons, here...). His bottle baby (think 'coons again) is doing well and terrorizing our home nightly. But he does make us laugh. He is engaged to his girlfriend of4 years, now, I guess, but no wedding date is set. I pray they'll live on their own before they get married because neither one of them have a clue. lol
difficult child 1 is doing well in the military. Recently was sent across the country for additional training with one other guy. They have picked up that he's a rather intelligent little guy, and they're pushing him a little, which isn't hurting him a bit, but he's not liking it so much. He may not be deployed now this fall, but is getting married, anyway, he says, with the "real" wedding to take place next spring. On the good side, I always liked the girl he says he's marrying. She's level headed and independant. Hope she's still that way!
easy child 2 will finish 5th grade tomorrow, barely. Sweet kid, but getting more like her mother every day (by the way - I've known her mother for 15 years now, and I've never known her to have a friend...). It makes me sad, but I do the best I can to be positive with and for her. I think she'll end up with us at least half time in the next couple of years, but I worry for her. Academically, she's suffering - she barely gets thru school, and does so, I believe largely, on the fact that she's just pushed thru cause no one wants to deal with mama. Physically, she's an otherwise healthy but extremely out of shape and overweight young girl - 4 foot 6 or so and 120 pounds. She has rolls when she stands up staight, the poor girl, and her grandma buys her skimpy skin tight clothes and string bikinis... She only recently gained enough arm strength to pour herself a glass of milk from a full gallon jug. Its just such a shame for a parent to do that to their child. She wants to participate in sports, etc, but her mom won't take the time, and won't let us do the transporting because its "not our time to have her". She's starting to accentuate the skimpy dressing in an attempt to gain attention, but she's getting all the wrong attention...it just makes me very sad. My hands are tied, there's so little I can really do.
Then there's wee difficult child...Doing what he does. If nothing else, he makes us smile. A lot.
When I still lived with my folks, my oldest 2 neices lived with us while their mom finished college. They are very dear to me. The older just had a precious little baby boy, and the younger just got married. Beautiful, wonderful girls, and I am oh so very proud of them. Couldn't love them more.

trinityroyal

Star, what a great idea!

easy child Step-D is doing really well. She is a TV producer with Canada's national broadcast company. She's been working on "Hockey Night in Canada" over the winter, and has had the opportunity to travel across the country doing stories about hockey fans in tiny little towns all over the place. For a city girl, it's really been an eye opener for her. She and her boyfriend are very happy, no marriage plans in sight.

Little easy child is an absolute precious darling. He's just a happy little boy. He's doing well at school, loves his karate classes (and just earned his yellow belt), and he's very very cuddly.
http://s287.photobucket.com/albums/...&current=alex_dancing_video_mums_house097.jpg
(This is Little easy child with mother in law, who has lost all her hair due to chemo)