Tell us one unusual thing about yourself

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I was once a member of the World's Largest Non-Marching Marching Band.

Really!

I played the tenor sax 'cuz they already had enough flute players (and I was in a REAL marching marching band for that instrument).

DammitJanet

Ok...I remembered another one.

I actually met and danced with Kenny Rogers. Then I walked his dogs later that afternoon...lol.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Geez...you guys got some good ones!! (Still can't do the snake thing.)

I survived a huge tornado (only 2 people died) and a major flood (nearly 300 lost).

Right now I'm trying to survive 4 guy roomates and NO AIR. It was 113 degrees today. I'm sitting sweating my legs off at my usual 3am arising. I'd be better off outside.

I'm not EVEN going into the dog butt thing.

Abbey

LittleDudesMom

Ok, I have had a blast reading this thread over the last couple days. I'm ready to "fess up.

*I was inducted to the International Thespian Society. I love to be on the stage.

*I adore singing.

*I secrety write romance novels.

*I love to type anything.

*I can put my fingers in my mouth and whistle like a man.

There. Done.

Sharon

trinityroyal

Oh. And I like paperwork, too. Always have. When I was little I would play "office" and would make up forms to fill out.

This makes me feel SO much better, to know that I'm not the only one who likes paperwork.

In fact, part of my job is to design the paperwork that others use in their jobs (I try to make it simple...Honest!)

Trinity

SRL

Not much from me, but my easy child 14yo was born on my birthday and was 10 lbs. 10oz!!!! - thankfully a c-section . . .

:hearye: Ding, ding, ding! We may have a winner here. Can anyone top 10lb, 10oz?

When I was in the hospital with my first (and smallest at 8 lb, 4oz) there was a mom with a 13+ pound baby. She was quite a sight!

I thought of one more--I have the reputation of being one of the best cooks in my church. Kids do strange things like come up to me at potlucks and ask if I'd brought my green beans and there are never any leftovers. But when I take the exact same dishes to 4-H potlucks, I usually wind up bringing home at least half.

Go figure...

house of cards

This is a hoot! I am not good with people but I always had a great connection with animals. I was drawn to an area of woods near our home where I never went cuz an old lady would yell at me and found a german sheppard dog unable to move, got my sister and went back with a sheet and got the dog to a vet- fractured pelvis...the dog only licked my hand once although it had to be in a ton of pain.

I once had to rescue a horse from a cellar. We had 2 yearlings, a boy and a girl and at their age it was wise to separate them so we traded our boy for our friend down the roads girl yearling(think teenager). The neighbors horse got into a falling down hay barn/cow milking barn, walked across the floor and fell about 10-12 feet into a milk cellar which was a room maybe 12' x 12' with concrete walls and floor. We had about 10 poeple standing around unable to figure out what to do til I stacked bales of straw up as a stair and the horse climbed out at times on her knees. This was a future racehorse and her name became Cellar Dweller.

I had the experience to get the horse out because as a child I took my pony upsrairs to my bedroom of my house when my mom wasn't home...still don't recall how Tonka got back down the stairs.

Andy

Not a true winner for the baby size contest but very interesting:

My twin sister and I were one week overdue and each the size of a normal new born. A little over 15 lb of baby between the two of us - My mom is short and was probably glad at that moment that it was a combination of 2 and NOT one 15+ lb baby.

We had twins on EVERY generation on BOTH sides of the family - My dad's side had triplets a few generations ago.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This thread is tons of fun. :D

Ok. I thought of a few more.

I've met the Oak Ridge Boys and the Statler Brothers - both country bands. Nice guys all of them. This was thru Mom's 3rd husband. Mom also dated a man that played the steel guitar with Roy Clark. But ol' Roy was a stuck up old coot. I had pics of the ORBs and Statler Brothers for years......wonder where I put them.........

I've met and shook hands and had a long conversation with Hulk Hogan. This was before he was the Hulk Hogan he is today. He wasn't even a big name yet. (I was 18) sister in law still doesn't believe me. lol

I came very close to being recruited to be a horse jockey. I stand 4' 11" and met the weight requirement. Plus the horses liked me. But my Mom said NO way, no matter how much my stepdad begged. (a friend of his)

You can drive me anywhere and I'll be able to find my way back to where I started from. husband has finally learned to listen to me when we go somewhere new as he used to always get us hopelessly lost. Darrin it seems has inherited this inate sense of direction from Nana.

At age 5 I could quote the daily bus schedule for the city I grew up in. I could also tell you how much something would cost with the sales tax figured in. (thanks to grandma lol) And this has led to a weird way I do math in my head that drives all Math teachers to the brink. lmao

I'm a member of Phi Beta Kappa......even though I'm not sure I spelled it correctly. :rofl: (ironic huh?)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
You know...........I just had a wild thought.

To any of our writers out there, this would be awesome to print out for background personalities of story characters. :rofl:

Fact can be way more interesting than fiction. :D

K

Kjs

Not sure I have anything unusual or unique about me. I love to bake treats and big dinners. Always more than we can eat.

I sew. Mostly clothe repair and dog toys/beds and useless things.

I have a thing with numbers. Particularly dates. Wasn't until recently I realized nobody else remembers.
I know phone numbers of absolutely everyone off the top of my head. From 40 years ago. All relatives numbers even though I haven't called them in 10+ years. I know everyone in my family's address. (six of us kids, spouses, nieces and nephews and their kids)..I can tell you every person's b-day, birth weight and time they were born. I can tell you my neighbors b-days...and their kids.

I always thought everyone knew those things. Not until recently when people started calling me asking me these things did I realize how many people do not remember.

And by chance I actually fall asleep...You could ask me a question, carry on a conversation and I have absolutely no memory of it.

Grew up on the water/beach with motorcycles(dirt bikes) and boats. Water ski, snow ski, and all outdoor activities.

I absolutely LOVE crowds and places where there are large gatherings. Would LOVE to live in downtown Chicago or large city like that. Watching people crack me up. If you are in a place with thousands of people, just kick back and watch. People are really stupid.

Could never ever go a day, or even a few hours without doing anything. If I am not at work I am cleaning or fixing/breaking things at home. Could never sit down and just watch TV. Must be working on something or going someplace doing something. Just realized how much I am like my parents.

OpenWindow

-No one believes me when I tell them I was in a sorority in college.
-I got married with 49 other couples at the same time, on the radio.

Not me, but my relatives are pretty interesting:

-I am related to the best bowler that ever lived.
-My 2 uncles invented the first seal on the pringles can, back in the 60s or 70s.
-One of those uncles invented and designed the special lightbulbs that are in the crown of the statue of liberty.
-Another uncle designed a placque that now sits on the moon commemorating one of the Apollo missions.

muttmeister

I didn't jump right in on this because I think I'm not very weird but maybe the people who know me might disagree!

I am an only child. I am an only grandchild on one side of the family. I am distantly related to Buddy Ebsen, who was on Beverly Hillbillies. I didn't go to kindergarten because our school didn't have one. I learned to read when I was 3. I skipped third grade. My favorite school subject was math. I've traveled on 5 continents. I've taught every grade from kindergarten through high school. I finished my Masters degree (in computer education) after I retired. I like to paint (both houses and pictures). I am a good carpenter. I knit, crochet, and do counted cross stitch.
And what I think is the weirdest thing: although most people consider me a pretty feminine woman, whenever I take the on line test that is supposed to determine with 99% accuracy whether you are a man or a woman, it always says I am a man.

TerryJ2

OMG, ROFL!!!

I don't know how to respond to that man thing, Muttmeister. I think it's based on your thought processes. But it's funny.

Abbey, you're too funny.

House of Cards, you actually hid a pony in your bedroom? ROFL. Every girl's dream.

Who was it here who slept with-a sheep? (NO! Not like THAT?)

This really IS an interesting group of people.

I just hope I'm not quizzed on this. I may confuse Nomad selling wigs with-Janet walking Kenny Rogers' dogs, and Shari in gum boots and undies catching horses being attacked by wild animals. Lessee, Kenny Rogers wears a wig, his dogs were up in HouseofCards room when she was little ... and Abbey has two thumbs.

Nope, knew I couldn't keep it straight.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Lisa,

I actually shared a 5 hour flight with Hulk Hogan. And...in COACH! This was about 10 years ago. I'm sitting there in the window seat and he pops into the middle seat. (Imagine that.) Needless to say, I did not have a lot of elbow room.

He was the one who struck up the conversation. I didn't want to seem like I was some stupid groupie, although I don't watch wrestling. Actually, he was a REALLY nice guy.

This has been a fun thread. Now...who slept with a sheep? I've got to go back and reread everything!!

Abbey

klmno

Yeah, Kathie- I think it is great that you managed to get that pony in your bedroom- but I have to ask- did your parents consider you a difficult child? LOL!!

I can just picture coming home and finding difficult child upstairs with a pony- and we don't even have one!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
If, and we definitely NEED to, actually get to go on our CD retreat... we need to bring a printed up copy of this. Make that lots of copies of this!!! We can go over each others "resume's"... look what you have started Star...

Living with my Adopted Dad and 2 brothers for many years, I was tortured with many leg-locks with much gas-passing... I have become quite skilled, thank you!

OK, I have one more.

Please be seated.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is my brother:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeOqcBmKWNE"]YouTube - King Headgasket[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFRhoIiEbyM&feature=user"]YouTube - Big Tip Dollar/Merl Drugs[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBr81DYfoaA&feature=user"]YouTube - Bloody Raimondo[/ame]

For real, this is my brother. He had ADHD back before it was cool to have ADHD. Otherwise, he is perfectly "normal".

Enjoy. or not.

Lothlorien

BBk, and what exactly possessed your brother to do that?

Linda....which bowler was that? We were at a restaraunt today and they were playing ESPN Bowling. I was trying to remember the guy's name with the thick glasses and was a leftie....is it him? What's his name....spill!