The Bachelor

Nancy

I thought it was strange the way they got rid of Samantha. Ben seemed angry at her and it all seemed contrived. So if she is theone who was seeing the producer was this exit all staged? Ben also kept looking behind himself while he was talking to her and seemed preoccupied. Who was he looking for? The other girls seemed to be surprised she was leaving so if it was common knowledge she was seeing a producer wouldn't they suspect she would leave?

I said from day one when they had the very first date that Kacie B was a great match for Ben. They seem very compatible and look good together and I think he really really likes her. She is down to earth and a good person. The thing is I haven't heard any rumors about whether he found love or not so I'm thinking he may not have. (Don't tell me what you found on snoops girls, it would break my bubble.)

He can only be keeping Courtney around for the drama because otherwise this season would be very boring. They always keep the one around who causes the most trouble.

Nancy

DDD

Courtney is a difficult child and has all the manipulative tools. If the producers are "milking it" (including skinny dipping they seemed to show on the preview), shame on them. I thought the departure scene was strange, too. There are a couple of the women that I see as "keepers" or real potential partners but only time will tell. by the way, I sound it interesting when he was sharing with one of the women that he "travels alot and never knows when or where" so he needs a strong woman as his partner. Due to all the changes in locale I'm curious exactly what his job entails. That may explain why Sonoma was included, SF was included etc. Have you seen any info on his career or possibly property management?

You don't have to worry about me "spoiling" it for you. I haven't a clue how to locate the info, lol. DDD

Nancy

I think his vineyards are in Sonoma but he was raised in San Francisco??? I'm wondering if his travels are to promote his wine, although you would think he has enough employees to do that, unless he likes to do it himself.

I wasn't happy with the skinny dipping and if he really did do that, shame on him.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Yeah, he really did go skinny dipping. When he was on "Live with Kelly..." and promoting the series he mentioned it. He wasn't sure how they were going to "block" their private parts - guess he knows now.

Honestly, Courtney is really evil. I found her to be so obnoxious last night that I was yelling and poor Chloe ran for cover. When Courtney chews her manufactured hose lips I hope one of these days that they both POP. lol

Suz

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, since Samantha has already left, this won't be spoiling . . .

The spoiler sites say that Samantha asked to leave because she had feelings for a producer. It looks like her exit was manufactured drama. Whether Ben was in on it or not, I don't know. It could be that they had just dropped it on him right before that scene which is why he looked angry.

She certainly didn't seem to be upset to me about leaving.

As far as Courtney . . . ugh! Can you imagine her poor mother and father? That's their daughter taking her clothes off and going skinny dipping with a man who is seeing her and 10 other women at the same time.

At least I can say my difficult child never did that. :rofl:

~Kathy

DDD

I know I sound mercenary, lol, but I really still want to know what the contestants get for participating. There are just too many lovely, educated and apparently successful women on the show for me to think they leave there jobs and family for a long time (not sure how many weeks it lasts, come to think of it) with-o sizable remuneration. Also I doubt that their clothes "come from home". ....unless they are evil models, lol. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
DDD, from what I have read, only the final four receive any money or clothes. The others do it in hopes of fame, exposure, and exciting trips. In Courtney's case, of course, exposure takes on a whole new meaning.

Past contestants have said that they borrowed a lot of their clothes from friends.

The Bachelor and Bachelorette, on the other hand, are well paid. I've heard from $250,000 and up. by the way, ABC made it official today . . . Emily Maynard will be the next bachelorette.

~Kathy

Last edited:

DDD

How many weeks does filming take? That's alot of dough, lol. by the way, I think Courtney should go see Tyra and leave Ben alone. :) DDD

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
If we go back to one of D3's earlier comments, the truth is, NONE of the bachelors have married the women they picked. This is a whole lot of emotion invested in nothing. :rofl:

Suz

PS I still think Ben is a lousy kisser. Did you hear the *smacks* last night? So chaste I wanted to smack him upside the head!

Kathy813

Staff member
Well, one of them married his runner-up after dumping his first choice on national television. Can we count that one as a success story?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Nope! Nice try but no cigar. He didn't marry his first choice so it doesn't count.

lol

Suz

DDD

Lol...bet we don't hear "smack" when he's skinny dipping. Or maybe the sound of the waves will muffle it.
:) DDD