Update on difficult child

everywoman

Seeing Jo's post made me remember that I haven't posted on my difficult child in a while.

Well, low and behold, it looks like he is finally turning a corner. He worked two part time jobs this summer and then moved on to full time a month ago with one of the resturants. It is only a mile from home (the other was up at the beach) and he is working all the time. Last week her worked everyday. Last night he worked until 2 and then went in this morning at 9. He has had one bad "meltdown" but after wrecking havoc on his room, he calmed down and did what he was supposed to do.

husband recently bought him a "new to him" car. He had been driving pcdaughter's hand-me-down for over a year after we sold the truck we had bought for him in high school. He is now the proud owner of a 2002 Lincoln LS---a real pimp mobile. He even washed it this weekend and vacummed it out.

He is nice, polite, respectful most of the time. He was a big help when easy child had surgery and was recovering at home. He would go to the grocery store or go buy her fast food during the day while husband and I worked. He would call and ask if it was okay to leave when she was sleeping. He never leaves without seeing if she needs something first.

So, I'm officially dropping the "loser" from his nickname and will henceforth just call him the "pothead." I look forward to dropping that at sometime in the near future.