Urgent prayers needed for friend's 10yo daughter

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by gcvmom, Aug 27, 2009.

1. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

who suffered a brain aneurysm late Monday night. :surprise::anxious::sad-very: Her name is Miranda, and she has been in easy child's classes on and off since preschool. She had surgery Tuesday at a children's hospital, but she is still in critical condition. I don't know much else yet, but I'm sure any prayers, positive vibes, rattling beads, or nekkid chicken liver dances in the moonlight would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks so much!

2. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

Prayers being said...what a horrible thing.

3. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

YOU GOT IT. How frightening for your friend. I have W (bff) here too adding to prayers.

4. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

Somehow I don't know why but this place has much power.
    I am sending mine her way.
    Tell easy child to hang in there and her friend has some strength behind her.

5. house of cards

house of cards New Member

Adding my prayers for Miranda and her family.

6. Star*

Star* call 911........call 911

Prayers going up and angels going out! You bet!!!

7. klmno

klmno Active Member

Many well wishes and good thoughts being sent for her and all the family and friends.....

8. mstang67chic

mstang67chic Going Green

Prayers, good thoughts and bead rattling going on. Chicken livers thawing on the counter.

How is easy child holding up?

9. busywend

busywend Well-Known Member Staff Member

Sending prayers out to your friend's daughter! How scary!

10. tiredmommy

tiredmommy Site Moderator

Prayers being sent. :crying:

11. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Adding my prayers. I hope she makes it through with little or no residua.

12. rejectedmom

rejectedmom New Member

Miranda and her family will be in my prayers. -RM

13. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Thank you everyone for the support -- I got a text from her mom and she is so grateful to know that prayers are going up for her daughter. She said it will be two more days until she is out of danger... not sure about the specifics yet. I know that sometimes the blood vessels clamp down after an event like this and can cause a mini-stroke, and there is a chance of a new bleed up to two weeks, I think, afterwards.

I'll keep you posted when I find out more!

14. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Oh my! Poor Miranda. I'm sending healing vibes her way.

15. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Continuing with the prayers. Please keep us posted. How scary for the family.

16. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

Came late but also praying!

17. gcvmom

gcvmom Here we go again!

Well, I stopped by the hospital today to drop off a card/picture easy child drew for her and deliver some coffee and fruit salad from the cafeteria to the mom. I couldn't reach her, and because of the Swine Flu virus precautions, no one other than parents are allowed up to the patient areas, so a volunteer took it up for me and I left. Turns out the mom had come down the elevator just after I got to the parking structure, so I didn't get to talk with her :(

Supposedly they were to extubate her today. I haven't gotten another update email, but I'm hopeful that no news is good news.

Thank you everyone for the prayers and well wishes. I've passed them along in emails to the family and they are so very appreciative of the support! :)

18. TerryJ2

TerryJ2 Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update.
    I'm sending more healthy vibes.

19. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

Oh gosh, what a horrible thing. I'm so sorry. Many, many good thoughts and prayers for Miranda and her family and friends.

Suz

20. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

My prayers are still with all of them. How frightening this must be for that poor family!

If it's any consolation, exactly the same thing happened to a co-worker of mine, a lady in her early fifties. We were all so worried about her. She was out of work for several months but when she came back, we were amazed at how well she was doing. It's been about two years now and she is just fine - you would never know that she ever went through all of that! So it's NOT an automatic gloom and doom forecast. And children seem to bounce back from these things so much quicker and better than adults do. Please keep us posted.