Well, here I am again....he's beating her!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I know you *should detach* and all of that, but I would personally want to know who this scum-bag was. Can you get her phone and trace the call? Or follow her to his house... anything? Hire a Private Detective with the info you have on him?
Just in case some thing were to happen to her, you would know where to look...
She wont give you his name? Ask her when she is in a semi good mood, tell her you need it just in case something happens to the both of you, car accident, robbery anything to trick her!
I am so sorry

TerryJ2

Oh, okay. Thank you!

Tagging onto Totoro's post, maybe you could get this kid's license plate the next time he comes by?
And see if any of your daughter's friends know his real name.

Just in case. Because it's necessary to detach, but have necessary info at the same time. Sigh.

Marguerite

I'm certain the police would know the kid's real name, from his street name. They're not stupid. But it would also mean work for them, primarily for a kid who is just mouthing off.

Bran, I'm sorry, but you're female. And when us females try to get the wheels of bureaucracy moving, we often get the brush-off, especially at first. It's a bluff. I wonder how the cops would react if you responded with, "Then I guess I will just have to sit in my car in the street, my telephoto lens poking through a hole in my newspaper, taking pictures of the kids on the street, who they talk to, the licence plates of the vehicles they drive, and then go and interview these kids. By the way, do you have a stab-proof vest I can borrow for this? Just to avoid getting blood dripping on your carpet when I walk back in here with the information you say I must have..."

Marg