Who are you and what have you done with my difficult child?

Discussion in 'Parent Emeritus' started by Kathy813, Sep 22, 2007.

1. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

This was a phone conversation that I had with my difficult child a little while ago:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">difficult child: Mom, can I spend the night on Tuesday?

ME: Why, difficult child?

difficult child: My roommates are having a party and I know that I won't be able to study or get any sleep and I have classes the next day.

ME: Sure, difficult child. That is a really responsible decision.

difficult child: I know. Bye.</div></div>

Like my subject line said, I wanted to ask who are you and what have you done with my difficult child?

:smile: :smile:

If this keeps up, I may have to change her status to difficult child/easy child. Keep your fingers crossed!

2. Big Bad Kitty

Big Bad Kitty lolcat

AWESOME! We like phone calls like that.

I had a phone conversation with MY 19 year old that went something like this:

Me: OK, you need to get the rest of your stuff OUT of here. I'm moving and it is NOT coming with me.

Her: (whispering so that the leprechaun could not hear) could YOU go through it first? If there is anything with an X-boyfriend, he is gonna be mad.

Me: leave him at home. I don't want him around anyways.

Her: MOM!

Me: Come on, this is ridiculous. You have posters of Eminem and Ashton Kutcher all over too. Will he be jealous of THEM too?

Her: Can you get rid of them before we get there?

Me: are you kidding me? You've had a YEAR to get this out of here. Just do it and he will have to deal with it.

Magically delicious.
  3. DDD

DDD Well-Known Member

How awesome! I have fingers crossed. DDD
  4. Jen

Jen New Member

ooooooooo great! Keep it coming on!
  5. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

I'm thinkin' we should be seeing your signature line with a difficult child/easy child on it real soon. :smile:
  6. scent of cedar

scent of cedar New Member

Kathy, you made it impossible for difficult child to continue playing the self-destructive games she was playing before.

You really toughened up.

I am so proud and happy for you.

Good for difficult child! :smile:

7. Suz

Suz (the future) MRS. GERE

:bravo: :smile: :bravo:

Suz :princess:
  8. KFld

KFld New Member

How responsible of her. What a great feeling for you!!

Maybe your baby is finally growing up :smile:
  9. goldenguru

goldenguru New Member

Oh don't ya just love when they go and do something responsible??

Yay for her and for you!!
  10. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh don't ya just love when they go and do something responsible?? </div></div>

Completely awesome!!

:bravo: :dance: :bravo:
  11. PonyGirl

PonyGirl Warrior Parent

:bravo: <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 14pt'>YAY!</span> </span> :bravo:

12. morningcuppa

morningcuppa New Member

Brilliant news!

Long may it continue. :smile:

It gives me hope too.
  13. lovemysons

lovemysons Well-Known Member

WOW, how awesome. Sounds like your difficult child is growing up! Very cool.

14. Congrats to you both!