Yeah, because he needed MORE complications in his life!

Lil

Strike that blow for every powerless someone who finds themselves villainized at every turn because they are powerless, Lil.

I am just upset for my kid's sake but it's totally on principle. You just don't do that to people!

I told the lawyer, we put him out for a reason. We rented the place it was so filthy I wouldn't let my HOMELESS son move in until I cleaned it! And it wasn't that the electric was off that made the kid leave, it was the fact that the cockroaches were crawling on him in the night! There were dead cockroaches in there when we rented it. He made it seem that it was all good, that he'd taken care of it. It was after we found out he refuses to spray the whole building...he just sprays the empty units and pretends it's all take care of.

So yeah...I'm sure the place was a sty. I'm sure that my kid had left it filthy and with clothes all over the floor and dirty dishes in the sink. But you know what? NONE of that excuses the man stealing all his stuff. EVEN if the guy looked in and thought, "this place is trashed" he had my phone number. There was NO excuse for this.

I just want my kid to get enough to replace what was taken. I understand he might blow it on pot. He might use it to run off to another town. But was HIS and he's entitled to compensation. And I want our deposit and 1/2 a month's rent back!

I am woman! Hear me ...

DoneDad

Good luck to that guy selling his building while a lawsuit is pending.

Wouldn't what he did be considered theft and therefore a criminal violation? Burglary?

Jabberwockey

DoneDad, its been for sale for quite a while now so wont affect him that much. The whole burglary thing becomes......twitchy.......when between landlord and tenant. We have considered the possibility of threatening him with criminal charges but prefer to give him the opportunity, albeit under duress, to do the right thing.

InsaneCdn

There were dead cockroaches in there when we rented it. He made it seem that it was all good, that he'd taken care of it.
My family has been landlords, too. Dad always took the approach that if you can see ANY bugs... (dead or alive) you have a current problem. Because... when you spray, you also clean up. So if you see any more dead ones after that? the spray got them, but they have more relatives.

My skin crawls just thinking of being crawled on in the night... <EEEEEEKKKKKK>