A difficult child Funny...

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So difficult child comes home from school today very upset...

Why?

She's upset because somebody:

Didn't listen to what she said
Yelled at her for no reason
Disrespected her space
Took her stuff without asking
Banged into her without apologizing

:surprise:

O how terrible! I can't even IMAGINE what it must be like to have to be near a person who would treat me like that...

O, wait a minute--

That's how difficult child treats her family every day.

It's not hard to imagine why she wasn't getting any sympathy from us....

But now she feels that we just don't understand what it's like to be treated with such disrespect.

Cry me a river!

LOL!!!

KTMom91

You know, when I hear that kind of thing from one of the little darlings at school, I tell them..."Don't dish it out if you can't take it." Another teacher friend says, "Check yourself before you wreck yourself."

I love it when they get indignant at their own behaviors turned around on them!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
KTMom--

I like those sayings! I will have to remember them!

Turns out, unfortunately, that there's more to the story that isn't so funny:

At dinner, difficult child was still very upset....and she wants me and her Dad to fix it. The real problem?

Somebody stole her money.

BUT--difficult child doesn't actually have any money....at least, she's not getting any from us. So she shared a long, convuluted story about how she was "holding" money for someone else--had a really long reason for that, too--and is angry that somebody stole this money that she was supposedly holding.

THEN--she reaches into her pocket and pulls out a wad of crumpled dollar bills. Explains that there was more--and wants to know now how is she supposed to get it back!

WTH????

It feels a bit like the druggie calling the cops to complain that somebody stole his stash.

I just don't know what to tell this kid....and I'm not sure I want to know where she is getting all this money and candy and trinkets.

--sigh--

flutterby

Fly away!
That's my difficult child, too (the first post, not the second). Always indignant over any perceived disrespect (for lack of a better word) toward her, but little to no regard to how she treats others.

We did talk about this today in the car. I like talking to the kids in the car. They can't get away from you.

busywend

My little entreprenuer sold pieces of gum at school for $1. Yes, a piece of gum for $1.00

You just never know.

Mine also can not see the forest through the trees and 'get' that she is the one that treats her family that way. I would just say welcome to my world. It took a few years for her to ask me what I even meant!