a few comments on the grammys

Lothlorien

I didn't watch the whole thing. I usually get annoyed at the political way things turn out, but I dvr'd it so I could watch some of the performances.

I love that the Police are back! Sting just looks scrumptious as ever. He hasn't aged a bit! Stuart Copeland looks the same, just with grey hair. I can't remember the other guy's name (lol) He aged more than the others.

When I heard that Carrie Underwood was performing with Rascall Flats, I was hoping she was going to perform "God Bless The Broken Road." I like the Eagles and it was nice that they did the tribute and all, but it would have been better if the Eagles actually performed.

And the Piece de resistance.........I died laughing when Smoky Robinson came out. He had so much Botox that I thought it was a Saturday Night Live skit. When he started to sing "my smile looks out of place", I almost fell of the bed laughing. :rofl:

Now, don't get me wrong....I love Smokey, but he really looked strange.

DazedandConfused

I didn't watch. However, I LOVE,LOVE,LOVE that the Dixie Chicks won three. Their album, and song, is great and is one of my favorites. I wonder if the country music industry HAS THE GUTS to nominate them when they have their variety of music award shows.

That is hilarious about Smokey and the botox.

kris

<span style="color: #990000">i didn't watch either, but i'm thrilled the dixie chicks sweapt the night....i think they actually won five awards not three. big winners for the night! such a vindication for them.

kris </span>

Kathy813

Staff member
The country stations in Atlanta still won't play the Dixie Chicks. Maybe this will make them start playing their music again.

I was thrilled to see them win, also.

~Kathy

muttmeister

I watched the whole thing. I'm not much of a country music fan but I was really happy that the Dixie Chicks won all of those awards. I bought the CD just to protest all of the people who wanted to deny them their freedom of speech and it is a good CD.
I had the same feeling about Smokey Robinson. I closed my eyes while he was on because I love his music but he looks like he's been dead for a few months.
I enjoyed a lot of the performances. I never was too big a fan of Christina Aguilera but I absolutely LOVED her version of James Brown's "It's a Man's World." I'd like to buy it or download it or something.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I couldn't agree more about how delighted I was that the Dixie Chicks won so many awards. :bravo: I keep meaning to buy this new cd. I think I have all of their others...anyone wanna sing along with me ???( I need a drink to sing in public) :smile:

Suz