A good read for family members who don't quite get it

lb

That was a great article. I Am rather afraid of sending it out to my difficult child's relatives though because it might scare them... :frown: He shows a little oppositional behavior, but it is only to me at this point and I am praying nightly it is because of the way I am handling the situations, and not a sign off ODD...Thanks for the article Fran, it amazes me how prevalent these disorders are.
LB

Fran

Former desparate mom
lb, I wouldn't give it to anybody. This is really a "need to know" sort of thing. I don't really share with those who are only superficially involved with my sons' life.

Hopefully, if you intervene and your difficult child learns and changes you will never have to tell anybody anything. /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That's the goal or maybe the fantasy.

witzend

I think it should go out as needed. But I think that if people are reluctant to accept your word for it, this may be looked at by them in the same way. Also, they may start talking with other family members as well, without the benefit of actually passing the article along.

I guess the question becomes, when is it needed? If this person has some reason to interact on a regular basis with your child and could be educated, then it is definitely needed. If they rarely see your child and their ignorance isn't more than an irritation to you, then let it go, I think.