Alike and yet so different

M

ML

Do any of you still sometimes feel like your difficult child and your life is more bizzare and different than anyone else's? As I read through posts is still makes me almost giddy to realize I'm not the only one with a child who behaves in a certain way. It just helps me so much to connect with others who encounter similar struggles. It helps to know I'm not alone.

Having said that I'm becoming more aware of the need for being respectful of the rights of our difficult children' privacy. After all this is a public forum and if my son ever read some of the things I've written he might feel betrayed. One of the ladies here actually posted something to me recently that got me to thinking about that. I guess I need to just be aware and keep the specific stuff to private conversations. It's a balance between my support and his right to my respect for his privacy.

I still need tons of support and appreciate the time and energy that is put into this forum. You folks truly are a godsend. There are days I feel utterly defeated and then I come away from here with renewed hope and encouragment.

Thank you.

ML

klmno

That's a good point- I'll have to think on that one because I'm not too sure where exactly that line should be. Some things are obvious, of course, but sometimes I do post things, then later think "what if difficult child or someone who knew us saw that".