Amitriptyline

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know if atenolol come in a long acting form. I know that propranolol used to have a long acting form (it had LA after then name). the reason for the long acting is that otherwise you should ideally take the propranolol several times a day. I can't remember if it was three or four times. You take it, it then lowers blood pressure and then wears off, so if it isn't the long acting kind your blood pressure can cycle up and down quite a lot in a day. I had about a 20 point difference in the top # of the measurement.

I actually had as much problem when on the short acting forms or even more problems than when not on the medication. They cycling really kicked my migraines into high gear.

If you do a search on beta blockers you should be able to find some with LA or some other indication that it is long acting. Don't be surprised if even neurologists are surprised by this. I only had one neuro who knew about this. With the others I actually ended up taking my blood pressure several times a day and recording it.

I hoep you can find some help. Have they tried any antiseizure medications? There is some thought that migraines happen when the blood vessels constrict and that it might actually be seizure related. That is why topomax works, and why the lyrica I take works.