Another school meltdown day

H

HaoZi

Skype is pretty easy once you get the hang of it. Just an IM program with extra options available, like being able to add people to conversations to create a group IM, voice calls (and group voice calls) are available, etc. It's a free download, then it walks you through everything. Uncheck anything you don't want like toolbars, etc, when you install. It asks for pictures and all, but you don't have to. You don't have to put in a real name, either, it doesn't care. I have a fake name on there, and the name that appears on the chat for me is another nickname that I can change at will. I have no idea how to do the group things here, but maybe tagging it as something like "school meltdown causes"?

i dont know how to skype either but i'd be VERY interested in joining a group here.

and not to exclude anyone of course, but in my opinion, "school meltdown issues" is VERY broad...this is a very specific meltdown issue, related to a very specific part of the school day. you might want to consider narrowing the scope so its pretty clear that its a discussion of minute, specific strategies related to spiraling math. (or just math in general, but these issues are generally related to the spiral curriculums). it might be so technical that the kid who melts down from I don't know, overstim situations for example, might feel very lost in such a group. it would seem to me it would be something along the lines of everything to graph paper to trying to convince a school to modify to a more traditional math like a saxton or a singapore and how to demonstrate a childs need for that. (if i was mom of the overstimulated, my eyes would have already glazed over, lol!)

obviously, from this thread alone, there are several kids with the exact same issues revolving around the exact same issue.

(if you havent figured it out yet, this is SOOOO my hotbutton it isnt even funny!)

nvts

Ok! I started a group called Math Meltdowns, to access and join the group just go to your profile at the top of the page and when it opens up it will (on the left) list your groups and if you click on the "Join Groups" it will show Math Meltdowns as a choice.

Beth