Anyone else afraid of the election results? Actually not political

BusynMember

Is anyone else afraid of one or both of the candidates running for president? No need to state who you are afraid of. Both have such high unfavorables. Just want to know that I'm not alone in this fear that I have never quite felt this strongly before. The fear is causing anxiety. It doesnt matter who you are afraid of...I dont think we should mention names or it can get confrontational. We know these two are both disliked.

Seriously, I approached husband about snowbirding in Mexico half the year...lol. I hear there is a nice RV community in Mexico. Many. And its cheap.

I have begun to stop watching or reading the news so that I don't hear anymore stuff. Ignorance is bliss at times ;)

Last edited:

Lil

Have you ever seen the movie V for Vendetta? I look to the future and no matter who wins the election, that's what I see; either the world of Britain or the US from that movie. I hate feeling so little hope.

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
This is the first election that I'm struggling to get on board. Since I live in the South...it's hard to have a voice if your not all the way on one side.

So, I'm praying that instead of people whining, complaining, bickering...they whirlpool at their own zip code, city, county...and make a difference there. It's the best way to see change.

BusynMember

Lil, I will have to see it...lol.

I am perhaps selfishly glad I am not the only one worrying.

I live in a state where people have all kinds of opinions. I try very hard never to talk about politics. I keep it to myself In real life.

Lil

Oh, I've been around, mostly lurking and not much to report. Been wondering about Bart though. Wrong thread, but would like to know what's happening. :)

AppleCori

Judging from the yard signs around here, it's also about 50/50.

What few there are.

I've never seen such a dearth of signage this late in the race, anywhere that I have lived.

Jabberwockey

I cant think of any redeeming features to either of them being president. Yeah, coming to V for Vendetta time. And it is an excellent movie.

BusynMember

Jabber, now I have a recommendation from a couple I adore. I WILL watch it :)

Since I love the QB of my beloved Green Bay Packers, maybe I'll just write in Aaron Rodgers. Maybe me and husband both will.

Lil

I also try to avoid political discussions. Most of the time if I say something about one, I point out that I don't want the other one to win either...just so the person I'm saying it to doesn't think I just hate their candidate. LOL The nice thing about a government job is we can't get too political at work. I block a lot of Facebook posts. I've never had a time when I wished so much that a 3rd party candidate was a viable option and not a waste of my vote.

Lil

I've never seen such a dearth of signage this late in the race, anywhere that I have lived.

Now that I think about it...there's almost NO presidential election signage around here. I hadn't realized it until now. I see quite a bit of local elections signs, sheriff especially, and a few for state officials - we have a governor's race too - but really there is way less of all of it than usual.

Malika

From the outside... I thought ONE of the candidates seemed totally hopeless, dangerous, incredible that s/he would or could be voted president - so then I started finding out more about the other candidate. And, lo and behold, I find that s/he is equally as deeply unsuitable in different ways and that it is equally unthinkable that s/he could be voted president...

Don't know who you vote for out of the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.

jetsam

lol out of the frying pan and into the fire. lol My husband is so adamant about one of them not being elected...ugh he starts to talk about it and i just get up and leave the room saying sorry i can't have this conversation...(I'm not stupid) lol