Anyone else following football?

BusynMember

I dont expect anyone to be lol.But I will try. Why not?

I love football. All seasin T and I watch football every single Sunday, Monday night and Thursday even when our Packers are pathetic like the past two years. Right now we are watching the lopsided Patriots/Chargers game.

I am hoping KC wins the SB. Anyone else care?

I am already mourning the season's end. There is no other sport for us to take it's place. Dont like basketball or baseball or hockey. We dont even have a hockey team.

Chicago does and I lived in Chicago half my life but I disowned Chicago as my homecity as everything really good for me happened in Wisconsin. So I feel allegience only to Wisconsin teams.

Okay....so if anyone else is following football, this is for you :)

AppleCori

Yes, we watch football fairly regularly.

Neither mine nor my hubby’s favorite teams are left in the playoffs, so I don’t have a strong preference as to the eventual winner.

I do think it is interesting that, for both Conference Championship games coming up, it will be a smart, seasoned, older quarterback (Brady, Brees) against a young, energetic, rising star (Goff, Mahomes). Can the Brady/Belichick dynasty be stopped?

What do you like about football?

My hubby loves baseball, and I love going to the games and watching them at the stadium. There is something about sitting in the stands, eating junk food, and rooting for the team that I enjoy. Sitting in the living room watching a game that drags on for hours with very little action, just bores me.

BusynMember

I love football for the action. To me baseball is slow and I used to love it once but the steroid scandal and player strikes turned me off. Also I have no team. I dont like the Brewers entire organuzation and am not going to cheer for Chicago anymore. I dropped my family of origin this year and in 2018 decided to dump Chicago as my original city that I can support. I renounce beingba Chicagoan. I had little good times plus I dont like Chicago.

I want KC or the Saints to win.

I am mourning the seasons end in advance.

If I went to a baseball game here, I am not really comfortable going to Milwaukee. It has become one of the most dangerous U.S. cities.

Last edited:

Jabberwockey

There is something about sitting in the stands, eating junk food, and rooting for the team that I enjoy. Sitting in the living room watching a game that drags on for hours with very little action, just bores me.

Agree whole heartedly. LOVE to watch a game in the stadium but its boring as hell on TV.

Since my Cowboys have been eliminated, I will back KC all the way. If they fall, then the Saints.

Yeah, Lil HATES football! Makes it interesting trying to watch the games while minimizing the impact it has on her.

Lil

Yeah, Lil HATES football!

That's not really accurate. I don't HATE football.

I just have ZERO interest in it. Really, it's about the same as having the TV off completely. Only it puts me to sleep. I literally have to fight to stay awake if it's on and I'm ignoring it and reading or playing a game. So it annoys me when it's on, because there could be something on that, even if it's not my cup of tea, I at least would stay awake with it in the background.

BusynMember

Thats exactly how i feel when T watches a Western or Sci Fi TV show or movie, borh which bore me to tears. No, I could never stomach Star Trek.

BusynMember

Westerns bore me the most. I cant get into the bang bang pow pow mentality.

I did love the first three shown star wars movies so.thats sci fi, but it is the end of it.

Psychological thrillers are my favorites but there arent many good ones.

KTMom91

Nope, no football. I only watch when they're playing in the rain or snow. Cracks me up watching them slide all around. My mom is rabid...she watches college games, pro games, the occasional high school game, remembers the college players she likes and follows their NFL careers. She doesn't like the Seahawks because they play dirty.