anyone from Iowa?

DammitJanet

It appears that our dear Cory is headed to Iowa in the next week or two! For how long, I dont know. He has this side job (read under the table) rehabbing those little mobile trailers that go on construction sites that they use as offices and he has been doing it for about two months now. He said it is fairly easy work. They work 7 days a week too. I have no idea exactly what the pay is but evidently it is a set rate per day no matter how many hours. Sketchy to me but he seems to like it. He has gone out of town around NC and stayed out of town several times for a week or so but they told him this time they are going all the way to Iowa!!!! Not sure how they are getting there...assume they are transporting them by some sort of company vehicle with equipment in tow.

From what I can tell there are several bordering states, Nebraska, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin and Illinois with members here but I dont know about anyone actually in Iowa. I guess if he actually gets stuck out there I will be sending up an SOS to one of you...lol.

Can you even imagine a difficult child just heading out like this? LOL.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Mrs. Cat-in-the-Hat/Beth lives there. Haven't heard much from her lately, but maybe she'll see this and PM you!

DammitJanet

Hope I dont have to take a car trip to retrieve him from some place I have never been. On the other hand, It would give me a chance to check in with a whole bunch of board members...lmao.

H

HaoZi

Hope he has some warm clothes, I don't expect the midwest weather to stay nice for much longer (but I really hope it does), and the cold here (even at same temp) is so different from the cold down south.

DammitJanet

I have warned him about warm clothes and told him to get some long johns. May be a no go though. Just stuck a nail through his hand so we shall see how bad that is. He is out of town right now so I dont have a clue how bad this nail thing really is..can be minor and just go to hospital, get it out, get antibiotics and a bandage and keep working or be really bad. I just dont know. picture I saw is odd so I cant tell. Hopefully he will call me later. Thank god I taught him years ago to be able to go to the ER by himself and take care of these things on his own.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Warm clothes will be a must....maybe a spare blanket or two.

At least he has a job, that is always a good thing. And if you have to pick him up you've gotta swing by here as a pit stop.:D

H

HaoZi

Then she has to swing through this neck of the woods, Stang is up this way, too.