Anyone have any experience with vaping?

Pink Elephant

Hubby warned him once, already.

Since he is not my son, and he is a grown man, I am not sure about whether I should reveal that I went into his room and looked in his nightstand (which is actually my night stand).

It was hard to get him to like me when hubby and I first started dating, and we have a decent relationship, now, though tenuous. He is a difficult person, personality wise, so I try to stay out of any disciplinary issues.
I hate being ignored. When I ask someone to do something, I expect them to do it, or stop doing it, whatever it is I'm asking of them. That's the mature thing to do, and it's time your son recognized the fact.

Tell him, if you can't be honest and respect my wishes and the rules of this home, then kindly get a place of your own. You can also treat him like a child and tell him, if I pick-up on so much as another whiff of that stuff in the home, we'll be removing your bedroom door from it's hinges.

AppleCori

Well, I took a picture of it and put it back. It was all but empty, anyway, so it will probably be sitting there tonight when hubby gets home.

Pink Elephant

Well, I too a picture of it and put it back. It was all but empty, anyway, so it will probably be sitting there tonight when hubby gets home.
I thought of you setting the bottle out in the open, say on the kitchen table, but as I previously mentioned, openly admitting you went in his room to look around will only exacerbate the situation further, so I would just stand my ground on the matter and let it be known that your home has a zero tolerance rule on allowing such to be used within your home.

Pink Elephant

You know, and this is why having a workable relationship with your spouse is so important. Both partners have to be on the same page, and both need to back one another when push comes to shove.

I'd be firm with your hubby, Apple. I would make it very clear that you will not be tolerating the use of such any further in your home.

AppleCori

You know, and this is why having a workable relationship with your spouse is so important. Both partners have to be on the same page, and both need to back one another when push comes to shove.

I'd be firm with your hubby, Apple. I would make it very clear that you will not be tolerating the use of such any further in your home.

We do have a great relationship and very workable. The only thing we have any problems about are his sons.

And a big problem is that hubby wanted to kick him out this spring, and I said he should stay, so it’s kinda my fault.

Pink Elephant

We do have a great relationship and very workable. The only thing we have any problems about are his sons.

And a big problem is that hubby wanted to kick him out this spring, and I said he should stay, so it’s kinda my fault.
Glad to hear it, Apple. At least that's one less thing to have to contend with at a time like this. Having the support of each other is key. :)

Wish

I have been vaping for a while now. I have many different flavors of vape juice. It's not a big deal. It's much better than smoking real ciggarettes. As for the question "is it dangerous?". To be perfectly honest, no one really knows yet. It's still relatively a "new thing". I wouldn't make a big deal about it. It's perfectly legal and perfectly fine. It's just flavored water vapor essenitally.

BusynMember

Nicotine is in his. That's a big deal.

If she doesn't want any type of smoke in her house, like I don't, then she shouldn't have to have it there. It is her house/ her rules. Adult kids who live with us and don't like our rules can find their own place to live. Nobody can smoke anything in our house because we don't like smoke and it is our house. Even friends can't. Nobody.

In our own houses, the home should be our sanctuary. Our kids can buy their own sanctuaries with their own rules. Or find someplace else to sleep, wherever that may be.

It is up to each of us what is okay in our homes and our adult kids who still live there need to listen.

Last edited:

Wish

I didn't read the comments, I just read her inital post which didn't mention nictoine. I was just answering her question as she asked.

Triedntrue

Hi i am sorry you have a need to be here but welcome. It does not sound like you and your husband are on the same page. Trouble with our children is hard on a relationship. It might help if you attend some family therapy. Even if just you and your husband go they may help you work together.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Just Red's is a sickly sweet, overly flavored fruit e-juice line sold cheaply at vape shops. (She says as she sits here vaping.)

I am vaping a mint blend and my vapor (It's not smoke) smells very faintly of mint and dissipates quite quickly.

I'm glad he's vaping zero nic at least. Too many kids who never used nicotine before are turning to vaping nicotine.

Vaping is about two things, flavors and nicotine. Nicotine is for former smokers/chewers/snusers (snus is fairly safe as well) who are looking for an alternative way to get nicotine that replicates the hand to mouth part of tobacco addiction. Flavors make inhaling nicotine so

AppleCori

Just Red's is a sickly sweet, overly flavored fruit e-juice line sold cheaply at vape shops. (She says as she sits here vaping.)

I am vaping a mint blend and my vapor (It's not smoke) smells very faintly of mint and dissipates quite quickly.

I'm glad he's vaping zero nic at least. Too many kids who never used nicotine before are turning to vaping nicotine.

Vaping is about two things, flavors and nicotine. Nicotine is for former smokers/chewers/snusers (snus is fairly safe as well) who are looking for an alternative way to get nicotine that replicates the hand to mouth part of tobacco addiction. Flavors make inhaling nicotine so

The bottle says it has nicotine in it.

I was surprised that he vaped nicotine.

Yes, it is so strawberry sweet smelling! Overpowering!

He didnt come home last night. He often hangs out with friends on weekends, so not surprised.