Are we gonna do the American Idol thread?

DammitJanet

If so I am gonna start!

*Lauren Alaina, “Any Man of Mine.” I really liked her more than the judges let on. I thought she did well but then I like her anyway. I love that they nicknamed her Kelly Underwood or Carry Clarkson.

*James Durbin, “Maybe I’m Amazed.” I love this guy. I am just so amazed that he can get up there and do his thing in his zone and his disabilities become his unique talents. He is very special. He could sing the phone book.

*Scotty McCreery, “The River.” I of course love my hometown boy! Who cant love a southern gentleman? Garth just brings goosebumps down my arms. I cant wait for more from him. I would love to send him suggestions. He would do well with a song from one of our home town songwriters - Jason Matthews. For Petes Sake would be great.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I thought Lauren had an off night but she's still my favorite and I think she has amazing talent. Her youth started to show when the judges were critiquing her. I fully expected her to stick out her lower lip. I hope she learns from the others how to be more gracious.

I thought the night belonged to James, Pia, and Casey. They were tops in my book this week.

Suz

DDD

:sigh: I'm watching and listening but I still don't have names attached to voices. Maybe next week I'll figure it out, lol. DDD

Lothlorien

I loved Lauren's performance last week much better than this week. I like her. She's so cute!
It's really hard to choose anyone particular this year, because they are all so good! I do like Lauren, Pia and Casey. I like that blonde guy too, with the really blazing smile...he did Maggie last week. I wasn't all that thrilled with his performance this week, but I like him. He reminds me of Kenny Loggins. I don't know why, he just does.

The talent is really amazing this year. I'm not sure why it's so much more amazing this year than in years past. Perhaps because they set up who they want to go far and pepper the top 12 with so-so talent to make it look good?

DammitJanet

I pretty much have the names and faces down now. I think the boys have it over the girls this year. I do like Pia but I dont know, there is just something about her that rubs me wrong. I think I have read elsewhere that she is a wedding singer...and that is how she comes off to me. Very good but almost Barbie doll. Maybe Im jealous...lol.

Thia is one that I was hoping would have done better. When she said she was doing MJ, I hoped she would have sung Ben. I think that would have went over a whole lot better.

DammitJanet

Loth...I think this year is a whole different format than years before. They have such a different range of people than we got with Simon in there. Hollywood week was done differently, the top 12/13 was picked differently and so far, the way they are choosing their songs is being done differently.

All the other seasons Simon hell hated country music and you would have never heard Randy telling anyone that they should stay true to country and never change it. That makes me think that somehow, they are setting the weeks up in a way that the contestants can keep their "identity" as a singer intact. In other words, there wont be a John Denver week or an Eagles week. They might do things like 1960s or 1970s because the contestants can pick billboard hits from those decades.