BANKING ISSUE

pasajes4

My retirement check is direct deposited into my account by 12:01 a.m. the first of the month. It is 9:09 and no deposit. I called at 5:00 a.am. and was on hold for 45 min. The person who answered the call could not give me an answer as to why it had not been posted. This is not good. I have monies that are deducted to pay bills on the first. I am going to pull my hair out.

witzend

Have you contacted the bank? It would be a good thing to talk to someone ahead of time and see if they can hold off on the auto-payments until your deposit is made. Generally speaking auto-deposits are made into your account at the beginning of the day and auto-payments pend until there is money in the account to cover the payment. There really shouldn't be any fees incurred from your auto-payments, but new purchases could be problematic.

pasajes4

I just got back from the bank. It would seem the difficulty is on their end. They will take care of any issues with auto billing. They are not saying what the issue is. They are also NOT saying that they have not been hacked.

pasajes4

The money made it to my account. They upgraded the system and it was not allowing auto transactions or some such nonsense.

witzend

Glad to hear that it turned out ok. With these types of things it usually is a banking issue. Unfortunately, there really isn't a day that they can do an upgrade that doesn't affect someone somewhere.