Bleach use in your home

AppleCori

Apparently, I missed out on the Great Bleach Debate of June 2018!

I use bleach (and all chemicals) sparingly, and as little of it as possible.

Pink Elephant

Apparently, I missed out on the Great Bleach Debate of June 2018!

I use bleach (and all chemicals) sparingly, and as little of it as possible.
:cautious: You sure did. What's up with that? LOL! :)

So happy to read your entry, Apple!

Sparingly in my home, too, but nonetheless, I do use it. Used to use it way more when my kids were babies.

AppleCori

I will be using it in about half an hour, Pink!

I have a laundry load that must be bleached.

And so it goes.....

Pink Elephant

Like, Apple! :)

I used it yesterday laundering a load of unmentionables and towels.

When my kids were babies, I used to put their diapers in the diaper pail with no solution, referred to as dry-pailing, but when a bout of diarrhea hit, I'd use a mild bleach solution in the diaper pail to kill bacteria and germs in the diapers the instant they went in the pail. Diapers were laundered at the end of each day when I was dealing with diarrhea, and rubber pants were changed with every diaper.

637955fd3603c2f0a2d8a362eab24912.jpg

Pink Elephant

SOT. That style of pail is the most common... probably what most people remember. The raised centre in the lid is for housing a deodorant disk, though deodorant disks (as far as I'm concerned) made the pail stink even worse.

CareTooMuch

Yikes, no bleach ever. I had always gotten headaches if I was around it , but one day years ago I was helping open a school and we were using bleach on everything {deluted }. It made my eyes water, gave me a headache z and then any exposed parts started welting up. So not even a hint of bleach in my house.

AppleCori

SOT. That style of pail is the most common... probably what most people remember. The raised centre in the lid is for housing a deodorant disk, though deodorant disks (as far as I'm concerned) made the pail stink even worse.

Whenever I see your diaper posts, I always think about spending our “Golden” years wearing rubber pants....

Pink Elephant

Yikes, no bleach ever. I had always gotten headaches if I was around it , but one day years ago I was helping open a school and we were using bleach on everything {deluted }. It made my eyes water, gave me a headache z and then any exposed parts started welting up. So not even a hint of bleach in my house.
Wow, in many ways I wish I were like you, but being born and raised around the use of bleach, I adopted it's use early on in life and to this day it's become an integral part of how I keep home. Thank goodness no one in our home was ever allergic to it.

Pink Elephant

Whenever I see your diaper posts, I always think about spending our “Golden” years wearing rubber pants....
Funny but not funny. :)

I hope the day never comes for any of us, Apple. Always feel so sorry for those who need round-the-clock care in special homes and have to endure being diapered like babies. I remember how my kids used to look... big baggy balloon rubber pants over bulky diapers, the characteristic waddle synonymous with old-fashioned diapers, legs spread apart when laying due to all of the bulk. Not comfortable looking by any stretch, and then there was the changing process, and when I was busy and someone needed changing, boy, the speed at which I'd pull those rubber pants off to get at diapers and safety pins. Talk about elastic rash. LOL! Nope, no amount of convincing could sway me into believing that was a comfortable process.

ROFLMAO! As rubber pants were being pulled down and off, said child's legs would be sticking almost straight up in the air, and as the pants came popping off little feet, down legs would come, slapping down on the crib mattress. With time a-wastin', it was out with the pins, grab kid by the ankles, lift, and tug diaper out from under raised bottom. Into the pail the diaper would go, and nearly as fast as the old was removed, a new one was being slipped into position under baby's bottom which was once again hoisted high in the air. A safety pin was applied to each side of the diaper, rubber pants given a smart snap, pants rolled-up to leg holes, and elastics stretched over damp little feet. Pants were then tugged up legs, and with a handful of short and quick tugs and pulls of the elastic waistband, and a whole lot of plasticy rustling sound going on, didies were changed.

Nope, Apple... trust me, you do not want the old done to you. LOL!

AppleCori

My grandmother was in her 90s and during the last months of her life, had trouble in that area. She refused to use the adult 'diapers' but wore those disposable incontinence underwear.

I stayed with her often during her last months, and it was heartbreaking.

Pink Elephant

My grandmother was in her 90s and during the last months of her life, had trouble in that area. She refused to use the adult 'diapers' but wore those disposable incontinence underwear.

I stayed with her often during her last months, and it was heartbreaking.
I can't imagine. I know we have no control over our lives or what our older years hold, but I can't tell you how many times I've prayed for healthy and able older years, if I live long enough to see it.