blizzard

Jena

so....... we got alot of snow going on. funny thing is whenever they say it i blow it off, because way too many times i've run to store etc. and nothing happens.

well, something happened this time lol. we have maybe about 10 inches out there so far...... it's a mess out there, winds are like 50 or something.

took the dog out for a second to pee and ran back in. love snow, yet this is alot.

anyone else getting hit?

jal

Getting hit here in CT. Snow has been falling all day. Hard to tell accumulations with all the blowing. Winds are fierce. Hoping not to lose power.

Major blizzard here...I love it! It's crazy! I plan on snuggling up under my flannel sheets with a cocktail and a good book. What are your plans? Tomorrow I think I'll bake a cake, they always want cake and I never make it unless it's a snow day. Good times.

My beloved Eagles were even cancelled. difficult child and easy child were supposed to go, they'll go on Tuesday!

shellyd67

We are getting hit hard here in PA ... We are Eagles fans too and husband wasn't too happy the game was postponed ... OH well stay warm everyone !

jal

UAN - my plans are to do nothing. Stay in and hunker down with-the storm. I am on an 11 day vaca (yeah) and relaxing after all the festivities. father in law is in ICU and husband is taking care of invalid mothe @ nite so I feel like a single mom somewhat, while poor husband is bouncing between us and his mom. Luckily, we have support with-my parents if needed being off this week too, so we'll muddle through. Enjoy your book.

svengandhi

It stinks. I'm on LI and I HATE snow! difficult child and easy child-14 went to a friend's house and H had to dig out the car after we had gone to Costco and Home Depot this morning because difficult child wanted to walk home 3/4 of a mile in SHORTS, sneakers and a windbreaker and I made H go get them. difficult child walks in and tells me I'm a wuss because I didn't want him to wallk home. H says there's 18 inches of snow. The railroad is shut down and even if it's not, I'm probably not going to be able to get into work tomorrow. I am already having a panic attack about walking outside the house. I was hyperventilating and crying just walking to the car from Costco.

My dream is to live somewhere where the only snow is on TV. I'm tired of NY, snow stinks!

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
oh yeah over here in Jersey we've got at least a foot n a 1/2 and they declared a state of emergency already

tiredmommy

Well... the storm has missed Buffalo, I wish I could send a plow or two to the east coast. Hunker down, stay warm and pray the power stays on.

Lothlorien

It took us three and a half hours to get home last night, where under normal conditions it would have been an hour.

husband left to go plow this morning. He saw front loaders and plow trucks stuck in the snow. He never made it to go plow the property, so he stopped at work and has been holed up there.

My dad has been stuck since 4 in the morning and his partner went home to get gas to go rescue my dad and never got home, yet. What a mess!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This one missed us completely. Seems though that husband's brother is pretty much buried, which makes me laugh because they usually get nothing and rub our noses in it. lol

Jena

yea we got up i dont' even know how much is out there. over a foot. let dog's out in it, our big guy ran for about an hr. now he's sleeping. difficult child went outside for ten min and said no way it's too cold. it's still really windy here.

plans? none lol. another day in the house. funny thing is we have no food. asked husband to get milk bread on his way home and he forgot. so he's trying to bury us out to get it.

DammitJanet

We went up to Jamies to have the white Xmas. Supposed to be at least a foot. Well...there was a little powdery snow that came down for a bit on Xmas day. Then starting about 7 Xmas night it started again and did the powdery little snow all night but it only accumulated to about a half inch or so. We left the house about 11 to head home. The further south we got, the more snow we got!

What normally takes us 5 to 6 hours took us over 10 hours to get home. 95 was at a stand still in places. At one point, we got off 95 and got on 301 which is the old hwy that people used before interstates were around. We could see 95 most of the time and we were making better time. However, as it got later, it got colder and 301 started freezing up because it wasnt salted and plowed as well and not as many cars were going down it.

B

Bunny

We got a little over a foot of snow here. My brother in law is a NYC cop and he had to get into work this morning. The guys that he drove in with get out earlier than brother in law, and since the railroad is not up and running we were not sure how he was going to get home again. Luckily, his supervisor took pity on him and let him leave at the same time as the guys he drove in with. The main roads seem to be clear, but the secondary roads are still pretty snowy. The kids went out for a little while, but they didn't last long because it's so cold.

Pam

svengandhi

difficult child, the one who wore shorts yesterday, asked if he could walk with easy child-14 to a friend's house about 1 1/2 miles away. He was wearing long pants, boots, a wool sweater and his fleecy hooded windbreaker; he even asked me where all the right gloves are (we have about a dozen leftie gloves and no rights!). They're at another friend's now having dinner. I on the other hand did not even put on a bra today.

I am not sure how I feel about going to work tomorrow. I defend negligence actions and many of my cases involve black ice; they are very difficult to win. I am terrified of black ice.

sven- don't go to work tomorrow. husband went to work today and nothing was open, NOTHING! He woke up at 5am and had the 2 easy child shovel his truck out! They were still up, these 2 sleep all day and play all night. My car is under so much snow, you can't tell there is a car there. LOL I don't have to go anywhere until next Monday, so I'm having cocktails and reading.
Play it safe, stay inside, I'm sure a lot of people won't be at work either.

svengandhi

Upallnight -

My office was open today but it closed at 3:30. My train line has been put back on line, with delays, so we'll see. I don't want to lose a vacation day but I also don't want to die...

I kind of hope my train line shuts down again.

Sven