Cd And Odd

fionamay41

fionamay41
How well recognised is cd and odd in the us? in the uk it tends to be used as a last resort diagnosis for young offenders it is certainly not a condition that is spoken about a great deal here. very little info on the net regarding uk sites about the conditons. thankfully i found your site. i must add my difficult child is not a young offender (yet) but hopefully we can avoid that.

BusynMember

In the US, ODD is usually diagnosed by psychologists. It rarely stands alone, and NeuroPsychs and Psychiatrists rarely diganose it as a stand alone diagnosis. Some therapists do.

GinAndTonic

My son has ODD (tied in to his severe ADHD). The professionals I speak to have heard of it, but no parents of typical kids ever have. I'll admit that when I first heard of it, a few years ago, I had a "oh, that's just lousy parenting" reaction. Whoops!

busywend

CD is usually not diagnosed until after 18 years of age. ODD is usually a description of behavior that comes along with other diagnoses like ADD, Bipolar, depression, etc.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
My difficult child has not been officailly diagnosed with ODD but shows every characteristic. I also thought it was a bunch of **** when I first read about it. But every day it makes more sense and I can see difficult child's behavior is out of the norm. To echo the rest of the posts - ODD is usually comorbid and does not stand alone