change in placement rules?

pepperidge

Asked this on the other forum, but does anyone know what constitutes the definition of ten days of change in placement until manifest determination? Clearly suspension does, but what about the day that my son had to spend in the office waiting to get his consequence--he didn't even do schoolwork. Shouldn't that count also as a day that he was removed from his normal placement?

T

TeDo

I'm not completely sure but I would think it was. However, because they hadn't "technically" suspended him, they might not see it that way. You really need to contact your state Dept. of Education. That is a question they would have the answer to. It sounds like you definitely need an advocate that they should also be able to supply or steer you to. By waiting that long, they may have been stalling so they didn't have to count it as a suspension. I find that sooo wrong but not sure if it is illegal. Sorry I can't be of more help but you REALLY need to check with the Dept of Ed ASAP. There are many things going on at that school that should be checked into.

Good luck and keep us posted.

JJJ

You could make an argument either way. Do you WANT it to be counted as part of the 10 days?