Checking in

toughlovin

Hi all,

i had a really good visit with difficult child yesterday! He looked really good and healthy. He was more relaxed than I have seen him in a long time. I took him shopping for clothes, we went to lunch and played some pool. We talked and I think he was pretty open and honest with me. I will hopefully see him today and tomorrow. He really likes the house and seems to be in a really good place. It was nice to be with him and to really like him! So I am very encouraged and hopeful....although I am not ecstatic because I know all to well that it could change.....I still am worried about the other shoe. But it is good mews for today.

TL

Nancy

Very encouraging news TL. All we can do is live for today but today he is well and that is reason to celebrate. Enjoy your visits with him, it's been a long and difficult road getting here. Hopefully he too recognizes how well he looks and feels and that is reason to want to continue.

Calamity Jane

Yes, but you can be cautiously ecstatic! I'm glad that he looks well...sometimes you can really tell what's going on with a person by the way they look, esp. if they're young. Our difficult child used to look bedraggled, skinny, and hollow when he was using, and I fought back tears just looking at him. I used to have to pull myself together afterwards, and it just haunted me. The crazy thing is he used to stare at himself in the mirror as if he looked good. Lord, I pray daily that I never see him like that again, and I remain cautiously optimistic.