Circle of Support for "Auntie Star"

mstang67chic

Going Green
...Indiana where there is a (sanitized) hand and paw reaching out. Hugs and Cloe kisses for you all.

Reaching out with the other hand/paw to....

Oh, good. Grabbing onto 'Stang's hand in IN, it's not too far so I won't dislocate anything.

Sending you all the love and luck in Chicago (yes, EXCEPT for Wrigley Field) and extra love and prayers from Tink.

donna723

From Tennessee ....

Fingers crossed, beads rattling, dancing (but in my living room - it's cold out there!) and saying prayers that common sense will prevail and that good things happen tomorrow. Sending big hugs.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Starbie.......it is officially monday morning......which means I should be in bed. lol

Praying hard for Dude today. Will be thinking of you all day. (it's ok, chemistry is boring ;) ) Keeping fingers crossed, sending good thoughts, vibes, and juju. I'd do the nekkid chicken dance but doubt my class would appreciate it.

We'll be surrounding you in spirit today my friend.

((hugs))

Star,

Thinking about you and Dude this morning - I'm rattling beads, lighting candles and yes, I'm even doing the nekkid chicken dance....

Sending lots of positive thoughts, praying very hard, and grabbing Busywend's hand and reaching out to... WFEN

Star*

call 911........call 911
Armor polished -

Livers and dancing in place -

Just enough time left to write you and kneel -

THANKS ALL! We're going to need it!

oh and a trip to the ER last night reveals Dude has pneumonia - ugh...he spent the night with us....poor thing he's so sick.

Thanks SO MUCH!11:00 Eastern - Be there with us!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I am just sitting here hoping for once in yours and Dudes lives someone has actually
listened...

'Chelle

Hope everything is going well, and a miracle happens that the "system" actually does what is right, and what will help Dude with progress forward, and not knocking him back.

lovemysons

Here in North Texas with warm caring thoughts going out to you and "dude".
Hope he starts feeling better, glad he got to stay the night with ya...
Hugs and love,
Tammy

trinityroyal

Continuing with the bead rattling and nekkid chicken dancing.
Praying for you and for Dude.
Go get 'em, Warrior Mom.

And...hugs for Dude and a cool compress for his forehead. Sorry he's so sick.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I know that you were all there with us in spirit. It was a very crowded room. For now, today - they are making a decision to not make a decison but still feel that the move would be better for him UNLESS he can be nearly perfect.

We listened to their reasoning and then - like any good parents picked apart their reasoning. When they talked in circles we TOLD them they were talking in circles. I was very proud that Dude stood up for himself and actually SPOKE for himself - he never does then just stews. Today he did. He said he's trying despite looking at 15 years - technically 30 years because if he gets 15 for the second thing he'll be in violation of probation and he'll get 15 for that....so thirty (mother faints) sigh.

We did bring out a lot of points and so did they. They told us where Dude is NOT working to his potential - and we agreed. But for now - they are only agreeing to disagree and will speak with the probation officer and go from there. Surpised to find out he HAD been working at our house and made money- So this boils down to money and getting a felon a job.

I asked if this other place could guarantee a job - well, um....no but they have seeds in the community- Well then - WHY can't we call them and say "Hey - we're 200 miles East of you what do YOU know of here for an 18 year old felon?" there has to be something - reminded them of the job recession and the fact that last month ALONE 240,000 jobs were lost in this country and if I had to hire an umemployed Rhodes scholar to stock my shelves or a convicted felon - and left it at that.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO MY BOARD AUNTIES- MOMMA TOLD ME ALL WHAT YOU WERE DOING FOR ME AND I APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH. VERY MUCH. - DUde.....

So that's it - we're not out of the woods yet - but unless this kid gets a job - I think they are going to ship him out. So now to find out who hires felons.....and gives them a chance.

MANY HUGS AND THANKS
Star
Okay can I like go to sleep now for at least a week? EESCH.....:whiteflag:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I just googled "jobs for felons" and a bunch of stuff came up. I don't know what's legit or not, but there's got to be a few organizations out there that can help.

Hope he feels better from the pneumonia soon!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Thanks - I will tell Dude to check it out.....FINGERS CROSSED.

I googled hire a felon :surprise:and got the Atty generals office - lol....ahem.....
WONDER IF THAT is a sign? lol

4sumrzn

Keeping my fingers crossed too! There HAS to be something out there for him! I'm glad to hear there is more time & a chance! I hope he starts feeling better soon too....that really stinks being sick on top of everything else.

KTMom91

Don't know if you have a Goodwill nearby, but I used to teach a training class for them. They run the thrift stores to support training classes, and they are really good at hiring people who aren't usually hire-able as long as they are willing to make life changes.