Coffee Conversation

DS3

I don't really have much to talk about today. Have a lot of stuff I should be doing and no energy to do it. I think I need a nap already. LOL. Coffee doesn't seem to be helping. So I just figured I would start a thread for friendly conversation about nothing in particular. Feel free to chat.

:mornincoffee:

buddy

ok, so those of you who have been there done that, since the hospital thing began I have had these times when my arms or legs or face or trunk get flushed and at times I thought it was hives but i am wondering if it is hot-flashes. I certainly could be beginning that and absolutely am in the peri phase so what are hot flashes really like. I do feel really hot at those moments but only on those spots. when it is the face/trunk that is the worst. my gut says it is anxiety but no denying my age (48 on nov 30th).

keista

D3 I'll make a coffee toast! For the first time in 3 weeks I'm having brewed coffee. Ran out and was to lazy/broke to buy more. Did have a jar of instant (yech) that got me through, but today I savor the aroma of fresh brewed in the house!

May our mugs always be full!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I've just sat down to my first cup of coffee............um, yes I slept in this morning. lol :mornincoffee:

It's cold in the house but so far I've resisted the urge to turn on the heat......I'm not that cold yet. Bruce the cat is not pleased. When I did give in and turn it on last night he planted himself on the register because I refused to let him into my lap. (he'd already been there for a couple of hours)

I have tons I need to do of course. Not sure which I'm going to tackle today. Yesterday I got frustrated trying to clean because my pantry is full, the extra shelves are full and I've got a tidy stack of soup and nowhere to put it, a stack I'll be adding to tomorrow. So......I've needed to rearrange the cabinets. I've piddled here and there with it.....yesterday I stopped piddling and went through two sets of the darn things to weed out what dishes I no longer want and to condense things. Stinks by the way when you don't use things to the extent you have to wash them because of dust and kitchen grease. Much got packed away for next springs yard sale, much got tossed. I now have a whole two cabinets to put my soup in.

So I'll start by putting away my soup. Then......I simply have got to hunt down those winter clothes and get the spring/summer ones put up and husband's packed up. Goodwill has set bins all over town, there is one a few blocks from us. So I can drop his clothing into the bins instead of driving 20 miles to donate them which will be nice.

Travis has major plans on cleaning his room today and tomorrow. I hope so, it's reached stye stage again. blech

Now I just have to muster up motivation for this. Dreary day is not helping.

I also need to write up a list of things I've got to pick up at the store like storage totes, storage containers, propane, a grill on clearance (I hope), work gloves (could swear I bought them but can't find them) ect to make this cleaning go faster.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
And buddy........

Could be hot flashes, or the beginnings of hot flashes. Usually they feel like the internal flame, literally. Mine did anyway. I nearly froze husband out of the house that winter. lol

DS3

I decided to coupon cut, and put the grocery list together. I suppose I should go get them. NO time over the next few days to do so. Which means taking difficult child's with me today since no daycares open. They're usually pretty good, but my patience ain't what it usually is since I had extra difficult child's yesterday (3 of them, so 5 total -watched for a friend. She's returning the favor next weekend), and I barely got any sleep. I'm thinking an energy drink sounds good right about now.

My hot flashes (yep, already there at 29), make me break out in a cold sweat. I sometimes get lower ab pain, but I get dizzy, nausea, and quite literally can't move from my spot until it passes. (yeah yeah, got to make a doctor appointment about it since it may be my mirena causing it). \

Hubby comes home real soon and then I can actually make appointments for me. Carpal tunnel, arthritis, more medications, the hot flash thingy, dentist, you name it. Sounds like a fun month for me.

Anywho, I suppose I should get my butt moving on the whole grocery thing so that way I may make it back before the kiddos take a nap. Maybe then I can take one.

H

HaoZi

Woke up with a lovely sinus migraine for the second day in a row. Woot has a great deal on a 2-pack of 6 cup French press coffee makers today.

Steely

Awww, just checked woot and they had already sold out. Oh well......I had some coffee this morning too. It is rainy, and I don't have any energy either. My mom and matt are staying with me for 2 days - which - well - is an interesting psychological study in family dynamics.

I think we are going to try and burn the brush piles in the yard today - never done that before - but my mom has many times since she grew up in this area. Should be interesting. Personally I feel like curling up into a little ball like a kitty and sleeping the day away.

klmno

It must be contagious. LOL! I haven't done squat all day either but need to write checks to pay bills and unload some boxes and prepare for work this week. I sure wish I could think of something to motivate me. I'm scheduled to meet with difficult child's PO on Tues. or Wed. (I can't remember which off hand) and am already prepared that this is going to be a bad meeting either way. That really knocks the wind out of my sails.

H

HaoZi

Get 'em while you can today, I'll be surprised if there are leftovers to sell on Ben's Outlet of those.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I actually got up and made myself move. I have laundry going, already folded two loads.........and am about to head upstairs to the master bedroom to dig in. omg I'm going to attempt to just pull the laundry out while searching for the winter clothing without getting distracted and start cleaning in there. (not ready to clean in there yet) I need to do coupons while clothes are washing.......I've discovered the filing system doesn't work for me at all, I've got to go back to the binder method.

I was tempted not to, but well if I ever hope to get this done I have to actually dig in and work at it. :sigh:

muttmeister

Just got home from church. Being retired is wonderful: I remember when the kids were little and I was working, Sunday was time to finish the laundry, straighten the house, check the homework, and do all of the things I didn't have time for on Monday through Friday. I usually tried to sneak in a nap too. Now, I figure it is a day of rest and I do nothing. The big event of today will be watching Masterpiece Mystery on PBS tonight.

DammitJanet

Well, today is my football day. I didnt get to sleep until early this morning because I was setting up my fantasy team so I slept in late. Tony woke my up at 11 am with a plate of pancakes and sausages. Yummy!

Then I did some updates on my computer before I got it ready to turn on the TV to watch the games and get the internet loaded with my fantasy football on NFL.com. Im checking that in between chatting here. So far Im winning! Hope I can hold it because my entire team is playing in the first 1 to 4 games. I know next week I wont win because most of my team will be on bye weeks and I am not trading them for other players because I would never get them back. My team is made up of mostly Panther players and oddly enough, they are doing pretty well for me. I have the new Carolina Panther quarterback and he is awesome. I love me some Cam Newton!

Other than that, Tony took the Gripe Water and Butt Paste over to Cory's for McKenzie. We are supposed to sit and look at toys r us tonite to start the decision making about xmas stuff. I am seriously considering getting my oldest Billy the kindle fire for Xmas. He has been so good to me over the years and he doesnt have a laptop. He loves reading ebooks, is such a techy guy, loves playing games and watching movies. I think it would be cool for him. None of the other kids have done for us what he has. Now true he isnt great around the house but he did just buy me a new cool phone! Just because. When he sees something that he knows one of us would like, he gets it. He is the only one who actually got Tony something for Fathers day and heck, Tony isnt his bio father! Jamie hasnt given Tony anything in years. Cory tries. He did take Tony out to breakfast. Tony actually agrees with me on this one. He thinks it would be a great gift for him but I dont think he has a clue what it is...lol.

Steely

Wow Janet - your day sounds really so much better than mine. LOL.

My Mom and I did the big yard/brush fire thing today. We put the gas on, and then my Mom went to light it - and POW - it exploded right in front of her. From my perspective it exploded ON her. It scared the living daylights out of me. Seriously scared me. BAD.

Anyway she is still out there 5 hours later pulling brush from god knows where into the fire. Sigh..... She is in her overdrive mode - and I am really done. I smell like gas and fire and soot. So her I am at the computer chatting with you guys - and with Matt - and the 3 dogs are crashed on the floor. UGH. I guess I should go make dinner for everyone which is not my deal....(I am the cook it, eat it when you want, paper plates person) - but I guess I should "cook dinner" since my mom is doing all of this yard work.

DS3

At least somebody's day was productive... I did get groceries, managed to catch up on my charting of difficult child's behavior, and get the dishes done. Perhaps I'll go flip the laundry over now... but that's about it. Mainly a lazy day. difficult child 2 still isn't sleeping through the night, and difficult child decided 5am was a good time to wake up this morning. Hopefully they both crash early tonight because I so need some sleep. Can't miss my episode of Curiosity tonight though. They're doing an episode on how evil you are.

buddy

I had a JANET moment on my way home from my sister's house tonight. I had just left their complex and started down a city busy road and all of a sudden a deer was right in front of me. had to crank the wheel and ended up on other side of the road. dumb thing just stood there. luckily no cars were around. It wasn't huge but so scary and it was so dark, just melted into the road.

Gonna go to sleep for read. I have the dumb school team meeting tomorrow and to be honest school seems like a low priority right now.

DammitJanet

Did you get the deer? LOL At least u would have food for a while. Tony actually shot one on Saturday evening. We were excited. Means the start of filling the freezer for this year.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet, maybe I need to come visit you during deer season or the winter........then Tony or you can show me how to properly prepare deer meat so it tastes good. I've yet to find a person here who could manage that. I realize it's going to be a tad gamey no matter what....but the last batch I had I couldn't manage to swallow it was so foul. I seem to be able to meet deer hunters ok, but not people who prepare it right.