computer help?

Lothlorien

I'm not sure what I did, but my toolbar on top keeps disappearing. It will come back on when I roll over it with my mouse, but I'm so used to it being there. The worse part is my bottom bar is gone when I have explorer open. I clicked on "lock toolbars" but that is not working. What to I do to fix this dumb issue?

tiredmommy

Loth- You may be able to undo this if you hit the right function key at the top of your keyboard, sorry I can't remember which one...

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Loth I do that so much it annoys my kids. But unfortunately I don't do it enough to remember how to get it back. lol

But I do know it's one of the function keys (F1 F2 ect) that brings it back. I just don't know which one. ;)

Glad you've got it back. It drives me crazy when I don't have it there.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yep. Just wondering - different people have different names for stuff. I have disabled the toolbar on mine and the Start bar is on the left side - which throws people, as I have it autohide itself.

Usually it's F2. F1 brings up help - at least on mine.

Also you can right-click on the desktop & go into properties & set the whole thing the way you want it. Or on the Start bar. Slightly different.

DammitJanet

OMG...autohide! I would be so lost without my lil friends down there on the bottom of the screen! And those nice guys up there on top too!

Lothlorien

Well, something REALLY funky went on with my computer between last night and this morning. I was in the middle of a job when suddenly the computer just went black. I unplugged and took it to my computer guy. He fixed a couple of things with a click here and a click there and off I went. It seems to be fine now. Something was definitely haywire though, between the F11 thing and no sound this morning, then darkness.....:wildone: