could use a spare good thought

dreamer

warning...depressing..morbid.

OK last week, a friend of my daughters and PCs boyfriend passed away. He had been in an accident in July and never recovered. It was not totally expected, but not unexpected exactly either.
OK....a couple days later, a friend of easy child and her boyfriend.....had her baby.....seemed fine, and a couple hours later, baby died, and docs still claim to not know why. :-( So easy child and her boyfriend are very sad for their friends loss.

Over the weekend, a friend of PCs boyfriend got stabbed .with a FORK......and.....died. Murder. Ug.
By a supposed friend. Yeesh.

SO by now I am thinking OK enough of this now.

I had a refund coming to me from our Marine Corps League and I was getting angry cuz it had not come....Well, thats cuz our paymaster.....passed away suddenly. I got the email yesterday. OK he was not young......not so old, but, not young. SO we have to do our MCL thing and a military ceremony etc. OK. Thats what we do. OK. except then a couple hours later, another email came in and another of our officers passed away, too! ANd they are scrambling to gather enough people to cover both ceremonies.

OK so, by now I am starting to get kinda creeped out.

OH man.

I hit overload today when I brought in my mail. I was SO excited, looked like a bunch of christmas cards?
Except one was one I had sent out, being returned to me, oh darn. Oh it had something written across it, next to those sticky labels they put on saying return to sender unable to forward? Something was handwritten next to that label. The card was to a dear friend of mine, who has not been answering my calls or emails lately. It took a minute for it to register in my brain what that handwritten word was on the returned card to her.
Someone, Im not sure who..wrote "deceased"
Sadly her husband is very seriously ill, military ptsd with psychosis. She was my age.....I have no idea what happened or when. And no way to find out. :-(

I think it was the last straw. I slowly collapsed to the floor, to the shock of husband and son......son came to me, picked up the mail......and grabbed me and began to hug the heck outta me.

Yes, it seems these things always do come in clumps here.....earlier last year we had 5 in one week....and 3 years ago it was my mom, my fav aunt who helped raise me and my best friend all close together (and moms brothers also died same week as mom, and it was also same time MY husband was in ICU and my son lost his eye......yeesh)......2 years ago it was the girl scout leader AND 3 boy scout leaders all in a row, within a very very short time.....

My kids have never been to a wedding.....and PCs baby shower will be their first......but.they sure are well versed in these somber occasions, darn it. and it has all stalled my holiday preps, cuz it is just slamming me, now. :-(

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
dreamer I am so very sorry. Of course it overwhelmed you! That's so much in just a very short period of time. You haven't had time to recover from one before there was another.

Saying a prayer for each of the families, and for yours too.

You focus on that new soon to be grandchild. That child represents new hope and joy entering the world. :)

(((hugs)))

klmno

Yeah-that is quite a bit for any person to digest. And that does seem WAY above any statistical data for bad luck and bad news and horrible demise for a lot of families that you know. I'm sorry you're having to digest all of that at once. I agree with Lisa- the baby on the way will be the joy that follows all this tragedy. Try to remember- the bad will end and the good will come back around!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Wow. Hugs to you, dear. That's a lot to deal with. I'm sparing every good thought I have for you.

Abbey

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. So much loss, in such a short time, and around the holidays. It must seem overwhelming.

focus on the new baby as much as you can. Also, dear Dreamer, please call the local funeral homes and see if they have an grief support groups. You have just had so MUCH loss and shock lately, I think a support group might be very helpful. If you are not ready now, please remember the option is there when you are ready. Usually these are free of charge, at least in our communtiy they are.

When i was in college I had a close friend from high school commit suicide. It was the first Christmas after I left for college. I came home and 2 days after we had a great visit I got a card telling me it would be too late, but that he hoped I could forgive him and understand.

It took about a year before I could begin to process it. And I saw a sign outside a funeral home with something about a support group for loved ones "left behind". Going to that was one of the best things I ever did for myself.

Whenever you are ready, this might be an option that helps you, or one of your kids. Please just keep it in mind and remember:

We Love You!

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
dreamer,

Too much .... far too much. I'm so sorry for all your losses. Sending good/positive thoughts that sometime today you can find a moment of comfort & peace.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
{{{dreamer}}} I'm so sorry - far too many losses to take all in such a short period of time. Although you do not recover easily from any loss such as these, I do hope you're able to gain enough of your holiday spirit back and celebrate their lives in the coming weeks. God Bless.

meowbunny

I'm so very sorry. So much sorrow to deal with in such a short span of time. Focus on your family and those you love as much as you can. It's not easy, but do try to accept these people are in a better place or least have no more pain and sorrow. No matter what, I truly believe those of us left behind hurt far more than those who are gone.

HUGS

KTMom91

I'm so sorry. That seems so inadequate with all the sadness and loss you've experienced in such a short time. Sending many hugs, prayers, good thoughts, and strength for you to get through this.

Jena

I'm so sorry i'm late to this. I"m sorry what a horrible thing to of gone through, and for easy child as well.

just sending hugs

(((((hugs)))))