Counting my blessings

F

flutterbee

For the last week, I feel like I've just been complaining. I feel bad, blah, blah, blah.

Today, I'm focusing on the good in the world - in people.

A friend of mine took me to a place I needed to go and held my arm as we walked up the gravel driveway (not confident enough yet with the cane to use it on that terrain). Waited with me while I did what I needed to do.

We get home and my disabled neighbor is out mowing my grass. I took him out some gas money for his riding mower and we talked for a bit. He's a mechanic by trade, but due to diabetes has lost his vision and part of a foot. He told me that anytime I have problems with my car or Devon's car to take it down to him. That he can save us a lot of money vs repair shops. My friend's truck is having problems and her finances are extremely tight and she was worried how she was going to get it fixed and pay rent and and and. You know how it goes. I told him what her truck was doing, he immediately identified the problem without even seeing it (and she had had it checked on a computer - he was right) and said he could fix it for about $75.00. A few hundred dollars in savings to her.

He came back later to mow the back yard and we talked some more. Talked about adjusting to our new lives with the changes that have happened to our bodies. Talked about finding something to get you out of bed in the morning, finding something to make you feel useful, functional. Talked about family.

Very nice man. He said he might come by some time just to chat.

Another neighbor gave me some chairs to put on my patio because she doesn't use them anymore.

I used to be a pretty - ok, very - cynical person. But, you know what? There's a lot more good in the world than we realize.

My body may be failing me. But, my life is truly blessed.

susiestar

Roll With It
A much needed reminder for me today. Thanks.

I am glad you have such great neighbors. You are probably a pretty great neighbor yourself.

Susie

meowbunny

It really does amaze how good people really are. I'm finding that out more and more. Glad you are getting to see that, too.

Andy

It really is amazing the blessings we each have. When we focus on others our problems seem to diminish somewhat, at least for the time are helping others.

You do have great people in your life who are willing to work together to make life easier for everyone.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Heather I'm glad your surrounded by good neighbors who care. Small things can make all the difference to a person, to a community.

Hugs