Cross your fingers!

susiestar

Roll With It
When husband was first job hunting after grad school he found a computer company working in the healthcare industry. They are in Wisconsin.

They just sent him an email. They saw his resume on monster and think they may have a position for him!!!!!

Back then I really wanted him to look into this company because the best grad school for what I wanted to go to grad school for is in Madison. There are other good programs, but the university we are near is not one of them.

I am not sure I want to go to grad school anymore, but it would be nice to have it as an option should we figure my health out. It really was a blow when husband told me he really did NOT want to move from our town, much less our state. Madison is much like our town in many ways, or so I am told.

I am excited that THEY found HIM, not the other way around. They really liked him before. The recruiter's email even mentioned paying for our move!

we have never had THAT before!

So cross your fingers!!!!!! we would probably have to rent this house, but with a car Wiz might find it somewhere he and a few friends could afford. Or we could rent it to someone else.

Thanks ladies! I know what the power of the board can do!!!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
AWESOME!!! I hope this turns out to be a great opportunity for your family! :D I think I'd rent out the house, too. Then maybe rent something in the new town until you're sure it's a permanent thing (I know, nothing's permanent, but you don't want to uproot and then find out 6 mos into it that it's a living hell).

Keep us posted!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Susie I'm gonna pray uber hard tonight for husband!!!

Wow!!! That they came looking for him is awesome!!!!!! I'd say that's a pretty good sign! :D :D :D

husband just updated his resume. He's got some posting to do now that he's got it done. I'm hoping he can land a decent paying job closer to home. That last one.......well at the time I wasn't complaining because a job was better than no job, but they didn't pay worth a hoot and then 1/3 of his check went to gas to get to work! I told him this time I want him to really try in this area first before looking in cincy. We've got a few good companies that can use his skills if they're hiring.

Fingers and toes crossed!!

Hugs

klmno

Fingers crossed!! From what I hear and see, the available work right now is #1) computer related, #2) government related, and #3) healthcare related. He's got a good chance!!

Mattsmom277

Wow! Getting head hunted and contacted by the company without applying directly is a GREAT sign that if he interviews well, an offer is likely on the horizon. Thats wonderful, not to mention flattering as all get out! Your husband must have an impressive resume and a memorable personality for them to remember him. He should be proud :)
It is also a great sign that the email mentioned relocation costs. Another sign they are serious about wanting your husband for the position. Renting the house is a good plan in case something isn't right for you both about the move over time. And the chance for you down the line to attend a grad school that is desirable is also a great lure.
I can understand your husband being hesitant to move. I think that most of us, in hard times, tend to cling to the known and fear the unknown. Intimidating enough to try to find work in this economy, even more intimidating to take a huge risk such as moving far away for a position when you own your home etc. But it sounds like a good risk, especially since it sounds like when he initially looked into the company he would have thought he'd like them as an employer. If they have a good reputation, it is more than likely that he'll enjoy the work. Maybe a gentle reminder to him that security and peace of mind and doing it together as a team will take the sting away of learning a new city, making new friends etc. You have each other and it sounds like a great opportunity.
Best of luck!!

susiestar

Roll With It
I am just so excited!!! So is he. He truly does have an impressive resume. It has taken a LOT of tweaking, esp since he downgrades his accomplishments.

husband's job coach has helped a LOT with resumes. And husband remembered all that I did to help him in past jobs searches. He even USED what I taught him!

This company has a treehouse made from left over materials from a construction project. No cell phones or beepers or laptops are allowed inside! The campus if 500 acres of farmland. The parking garage is built underground iwth a park and a stream on top of it. They have employee run veggie gardens, cows on the property, and all SORTS of other cool stuff.

I always told my best friend that I wanted to marry the man with the wierdest mind I could ever meet. When she met husband before our wedding she looked at me and said, well, you are doing it. you cannot find someone with a stranger mind that him.

He is very creative, works well with almost everyone, motivates people and brings fun into the job, and all his employers have LOVED him.

so, yeah, he IS memorable. He would fit in so well at this company. I am praying that this is teh right job and that they hire him.

The job coach will even help him through salary negotiations!

Star*

call 911........call 911
OMG SUSIE AND ABBERS IN THE SAME LOCALE???? (faints)

THE NORTH WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!!!:tongue:

Susie* - I'm going to keep you, as always in my prayers and pray hard too! I think getting out of where you are would be a FANTASTIC thing. I do I do I do. Anyway - BEST OF LUCK TO HUBBY who I am sure will NAIL this interview....

What does the BRuce think about the move? lol...Hope Jess is feeling better. Sometimes God just moves an entire family and it's the best thing for all of them. And then like your Aunt - Sometimes your friend in SC is screaming TELL HER NO DO NOT COME HERE - and she doesn't and then it's a really really GOOD thing. (I still consider myself her angel you know) hahah.

rlsnights

:pirate: Argh matey!!!

:bunny_ears: Sounds like summat from one of them blarsted fairy tales! :gingerbread:

(there wasn't a Fairy Godmother :sword: so I had to make do with some other fairy tale animations)

:future: Hope this turns out to be happily ever after for all of you. :cupid:

Best wishes for a magical Fall :witchy:

susiestar

Roll With It
You guys are so awesome!!! I do believe that there is a plan for us. I did find it strange that many of our friends from early in our marriage ended up moving to Wisconsin or Minnesota. I even have a cousin in Minnesota. (We actually even get along now!)

I was always OK with moving wherever the job took us. husband was the one who refused to move. I LIKE finding new places. Wherever I am, y'all are always in my heart, my head (Star STOP with the snarky comments when I am talking on the phone to idiots!), and all around me.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Come to Wisconsin...come to Wisconsin... I hope it all works out!!

Wiped Out - I didn't know you were in Madison!!! I was just living there for the past 2 1/2 months! We could have got together. Sniff, sniff. I was right off Milwaukee St. and Schenck. We need to meet up! Oshkosh is not that far away.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey,
We were only about 3 miles apart when you were in Madison! We should definitely meet up. Oshkosh is only just over an hour drive from here. In fact, I was just in Omro visiting my brother over Labor Day weekend.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Abbey,
We were only about 3 miles apart when you were in Madison! We should definitely meet up. Oshkosh is only just over an hour drive from here. In fact, I was just in Omro visiting my brother over Labor Day weekend.

hmmm...my wicked mind is spinning. Sometimes that's not good. ;) I don't work weekends. Maybe I can borrow a car and come down. I'd LOVE that!

And, I was just in Omro yesterday!

Abbey

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Susie, Madison is a gorgeous town. Lots of fun goes on there on a regular basis.

I'm only 3 hours from Madison & that's where I met up with Sharon & Sue (slsh) for a weekend get together.

In fact, I think Sharon should host next year's CD.com gathering ~ up to the task Sharon? With Susie there it would be a breeze I know. With your husband cooking homemade Mexican life would be good.;)

Wiped Out

Staff member
Abbey-I would love if you came to Madison for a visit!!

Linda-Having a cd gathering in Madison would be a blast! I'll have to be the one cooking homemade Mexican except for the tortillas-husband does a great job on those!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Working on it, Sharon...or anyone else who is up for a weekend visit. If all else fails, I can take the bus down there. What should be an easy hour trip will turn into a 4 hour bus ride, but I don't care. Who is up for a road trip to Madison??? PM me and I'll try and coordinate.

It's just a mini-convention. All invited. Star, get your bootie here.

Abbey