Dad is determined to enter...

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
this years county fair. He baked a rhubarb kuchen this past week & feels it deserves a blue ribbon. :smile:

In the few months since mom has died, Dad is really taking on life. He told me yesterday that while he feels guilty over the sense of relief from the constant care giving...he's enjoying learning new things. Taking on new challenges.

Dad is continuing to model life's ups & downs for me. :flower:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Boy, I'll say. What a terrific role model, Linda.

High five and a blue ribbon for your Dad! :bravo:

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I would be happy to volunteer my tasting abilities for the kuchen!.....

His guilt feelings are totally normal and as long as they don't send him spiralling into depression--they are healthy. Shows he is recognizing feelings and can express them. Just my 2 cents....</span>

:kisses:

On_Call

Linda,

Actually, I find your Dad's newfound hobby encouraging and inspiring!

I hope he wins the blue ribbon, too - and will join the taste test group! :wink:

skeeter

Linda - your father sure has come a long way!

If he doesn't win a blue ribbon, I think we, the board, should give him one, anyway!!!!

Nancy

That brings back so many memories Linda. My parents had rhubarb growing int heir yard and Mom made rhubarb pie all the time. Just last month our grocery store had them on sale and I bought Dad one and he reminded me that Mom made them. I sd I would never forget.

I watched my Dad bloom after Mom passed away too. He was terribly sad and visited the cemetary every day for more than a year, but I know he was relieved not to be caretaker also. Mom had been bedridden on a respirator for several years and he couldn't leave her side.

They are good models that there is life after such sadness and also how important family is, as I know you are a source of comfort to your Dad.

Nancy

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Dad is sad AND I think he is honoring Mom in the best way he can - living. Mom would have been devastated if Dad shut down completely after her death.

Yes, Dad is doing well. It cracks me up yet brings a tear to my eye discussing the housework he's doing & the new recipes he's trying. It's very bittersweet.

Thanks for all the replies - you've all been very supportive during my mom's illness & death. Patient while I ramble on about this or that.

Thank you.

F

flutterbee

Your dad sounds like just an amazing person. Way to go, Linda's Dad! :bravo: