Daytrana patch falling off

crazymama30

Has anyone had any experience with the Daytrana patch and with it falling off? I am not sure if difficult child pulled it off, or if it fell off. Thxs

smallworld

difficult child 1 had the problem of the patch peeling up at the edges. I couldn't seem to get it to stick adequately, and it never seemed fully effective. Then it started to irritate his skin so we ditched it entirely.

Our psychiatrist recommended warming the patch between my hands before applying it to see if that would help it stick. Maybe you could try that.

crazymama30

thanks, I will try that. It stayed all day yesterday. I just questioned difficult child more, and he pulled it off. He said it itched. He does not like it, so this may be an excuse. It actually seemed to work yesterday.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
This works with a lot of the patch medications out there. First clean the area with a bar soap without moisturizers; something like Ivory or pure castile is good. Let dry. Now reclean area wtih rubbing alcohol. This removes skin oils. Let skin dry and only place the patch.

hth
toK

crazymama30

Thanks, he kept it on today. I made it one of his "chores". If you do not do these, your allowance will be docked. He likes money.