Describe your difficult child with THREE GOOD WORDS -

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is going to be an excercise of reminders - Too often I think we hyperfocus on all the negative aspects of our children which is very easy to do. Somedays I think we need to remind each other and praise each other for the good things DESPITE whatever else is going on. Today I would like to challenge you all to just type a nickname or a letter signifying their name or just pick a Smilie to the right --------> then add THREE good words that describe your child.

I'll start - try to keep this format so it will go quicky and just be a feel good post - Hope this helps bring a smile to your face today and let you remember that despite the bad behaviors there is a child inside that has many GOOD things we often forget, and others may never see.

Dude
*funny
*artistic
*loving

LittleDudesMom

My little dude (who stands 2.5 inches taller than me at 13) is -

tender-hearted, creative, insightful.

Thanks Star for the opportunity to see the goodness, I try to do so every single day.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:nails: Onyxx... Creative, caring, original

:bigsmile: Jett... Happy, loving, helpful

I didn't have a good smilie for Jett! No footballs.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I didn't read any of the other responses, so I wouldn't feel pressured to write nice things! LOL

K-
Empathetic
Sincere
Loving old soul

N-
Side ripping Funny
Caring
Cuddly

Now I will read the others

mstang67chic

Going Green
Great idea Star! Sometimes I have trouble remembering that there really are things that I like about difficult child.

So, he is:

Artistic
Great with little kids
Loves animals

Fran

Former desparate mom
difficult child-tenderhearted
Loyal friend
perservering

easy child responsible
caring
planner

JJJ

Kanga
*pretty
*clean
*artist

Eeyore
*brave
*patient
*kind

Piglet
*athletic
*friendly
*determined

Tigger
*creative
*loving
*inquisitive

N

Nomad

loyal friend
kind hearted
generous

She's also a bit of a computer whiz

Last edited:

trinityroyal

difficult child M:
Sweet, Compassionate, Creative

Little easy child:
Brilliant, Loving, Diplomatic

Step D:
Pretty, Loyal, Artistic

Star, thanks for starting this. What a good idea. I think you're right that we get so caught up in the bad stuff that we can lose sight of the wonderful people that our difficult children can be